1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas How many red chips do you keep on hand?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Ty, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been minimizing my play for the last few weeks and growing my chip count (did do the recent puzzle though).

My wife's account has just over 1 million red chips.

For those of you that save your chips for special events like puzzles and double XP, how many chips do you like to have available?

Thanks,
    Tye

2. onionhater

onionhater Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try not to fall below 11 million, currently at 12.5m. I'm grinding my way until i redeem in June, so I'm just aiming to gradually build up LPs and a Red Chip count. Then when it gets to be May or so I'll see how many LPs I am from what I want to redeem for, and then spend whatever stack I've built up on a double XP weekend.

But that's not to say that I don't play. I just build up a bit, and then when I've built up 250,000 or so I'll hit up Jewels Verne. If I get close to minus 250,000 I'll stop. If I end up +250,000 then I'll hold off and built up another 250,000. Basically using XX,000,000 or XX,5000,000 as my "don't go below this" line.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  3. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5.2M I only plan to play when they have a promo like double XP

4. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How on earth do you accumulate so many?

5. swuulumm

swuulumm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my highest so far was a couple of weeks at about 2,25 million.

in a drunken binge, i through it all away. currently at rebuildung: about 500k; and i play every second or third bonus..

Goal, for now, is to go and stay upward of 1 million

6. onionhater

onionhater Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exclusively betting 20k at Jules Verne. I don't play anything else.

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly! LOL I go broke everyday...even from 100k (only betting 1200 chips per spin!)
    However, we go to Vegas so damn often, and have plenty of comps, so...we're just getting smaller stuff (free dinner buffets @ MGM & Mirage)

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim,
    This is the first I time I've noticed you mentioning MyVegas. Do you have some favorite rewards?
    Tye

9. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always run myself down to 0 every day. I don't accumulate them that quickly, and I'm going in 6 weeks. So no point holding onto the chips.

10. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, that's a lot of red chips! How many people do you have to tip in myvegas? :confused2:

11. swuulumm

swuulumm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You do not need to have friends who play etc.
    I only have one which gets me a couple of percent more for the daily spin. Never bought any chips
    Have played for 4 months and have about 191,000 lp now.

12. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But it surely helps!
    I've got the max for friends (500% more bonus) and I get "impressive" everyday (20k chips "share" bonus) and collect my daily spin and harvest from my properties, so I'm getting 100k chips per day (about) and I STILL go broke DAILY...
    I HAD been at least getting up to the daily limit of 2000 LP, but now (at level 90) I can't even get 500 LP!

13. swuulumm

swuulumm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually do not have the time to play everyday. at least not at 1000; play maybe a hour a week on average (for a special promo) and on drunken binges..

How many friends do you need to get the 500% bonus? don't really think the friend-whoring can be worth the couple of dollars you get in comps at the end...

I, for one, have even trouble finding 3-4 days (to even fly to vegas) at which all conditions are reasonable:
    a) i have time off (usually i can only plan about 3 weeks in advance)
    b) flight prices from florida are reasonable (less than 500 bucks airfare)
    c) myvegas room comps are available at the nicer hotels (aria or bellagio)

thought about going in january, but would have been only 2 nights for 650 airfaire and only MB as a hotel -> not acceptable :(

Sorry for the rant!!

14. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a while I was hovering around 400-500k on average for red chips. I got up to 1.5mil but have slowly worked down to about 250k since I'm playing more while I'm holiday break and it looks like I'm going to be doing 4 trips in the next year (as opposed to my 1-2 trips per year average) and I need to starting saving LPs.

15. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got lucky. I had 1M before the recent double XP on Betrocks. Since it was double XP, I decided to play at 30K a spin. It eventually went up to 5M after some 1M and 2M wins.

Note: I don't have a million friends for the bigger bonuses and I never play unless they have a promo going on. Pretty much I just collect chips every 6/7 hours every day.

16. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, my name is Linda (Hi, Linda). I collect 50-75k chips daily and I play them ALL every day!

- Linda in TX

17. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I take'em to zero daily. Mainly because I've never had the luck/build up some of you have.

18. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sitting with 16k right now, with 89k LP. I seem to lose the chips so fast. Betting 300 or 400 a spin. I am level 68.

Ernie

19. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's Jules Verne? Is that a specific game you only get at a certain level? I'm at Level 100.

20. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jules Verne is the time machine game. Everybody has access to it. It's the second game you unlock. Around the world in 80 days is practically a clone of Jules Verne, except in Jules you get less freespins in the bonus and it triggers way more often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.