1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to eat at LAS

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by westie, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Instead of paying for a meal, I'd rather use my AMEX Centurion card and go to the Centurion lounge for a free food and drinks.

3. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :rolleyes2:

Thanks Westie. Now I've some better options for February. :licklips:

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always been partial to Ruby's Dinette. No, it is not a super-fantastic place but for airport food after a night of too much alcohol, I have found it absorbs some of the pain.

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What the hell is the Esplanade (where Don Alejandro's Texan Grill is)? I've been through that airport literally dozens of times and I don't think I've ever seen that, let alone even heard of it.

6. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are flying Southwest, you don't have to go past it anymore, because of the new security check point.

The Esplanade is up the escalators from the ticket counters. Big shopping and dining area on the way to that security checkpoint that is (was?)above the baggage claim area.

I too have not been that way in several years now.

7. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Ruby's. Right next to my gate. Get a burger and fries delivered to my table in that glass filled room overlooking the tarmac.
    It's my last free wifi spot......and my last meal in Vegas until I return again. :cry:

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have you been to the lounge yet and if so what kind of food do they have there,i assume all i need is my black card and im fine its free.thanks i walk by it all the time just never stoped in

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually fly AA, occasionally Delta, so I'm always going out of the D Gates. That thing is called the Esplanade? I never knew it had a name. And I definitely don't recall any fancy Mexican places.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great American Bagel is my go-to. I like to pick up a sandwich there for the plane. I can't envision being at McCarren early enough to really sit down and eat. I've been lucky enough not to have any real delays getting out of there.

11. jackincols

jackincols Guest

That was my first thought when I saw this thread. With all of the great dining venues in Vegas, why in the world would you want to sit down and eat at McCarran? Grabbing a burger, sub or similar for the plane I can understand, but.....????

12. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great list, except the Southwest terminal has nothing. Lame!

13. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, like me on my last trip. Didn't check my flight status, and it was cancelled and I was pushed 2 hours later. I certainly had time haha.

14. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct, you just need a Centurion or Platinum card. It used to only be for Centurion cardmembers but they relaxed their entrance policy recently, so Platinum cardholders are able to get in for free as well. Other AMEX cardholders have to pay a $50 entrance fee, which can be worth it, depending on how long you're going to stay there for.

The food is mainly salads, soups, and sandwiches. After 4PM, they bring out some sandwiches and a protein (beef/chicken/etc.) entree. It's pretty good food and since the food is "free", I can't complain. Their breakfast selection is actually pretty good too, especially their freshly-squeezed OJ. Nothing better than a nice mimosa with fresh-squeezed OJ

The best is their drinks selections, since made-to-order cocktails are free as well. :beer:

My only complaint is that I have to drag my butt to the other terminal since I usually fly Alaska.

15. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Thanks for posting this! Someone posted in the past about the Centurion lounge at LAS and that they received an invite as a Platinum holder to get access to it. I never received an invite and assumed it was invite only to certain Platinum members. But I just confirmed on their website that you are right, its complimentary to all Platinums. I wish I had known this back in the summer when my return flight out of LAS was delayed for well over an hour because a flight attendant was missing. Concourse D is a convenient location for it and its open until midnight too which is great.

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the info

there openning up a bunch in differntairports go to know as i usualy just jump on my flight and leave

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i used to travel 8 months a year so airports and there lounges become home.
    airport ,hotel, concert venue repeat and we played wheres waldo , what day of the week is it and what city am i in.:thumbsup:

18. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem! I believe some Platinum cardholders received an invite (or two) since my friend mentioned that to me.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of them opening to all Platinum cardholders since the lounges have gotten very full lately, especially at their Dallas location. It doesn't help that the Priority Pass membership to the American and US Air lounges will no longer be allowed next year.. :cry:

19. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto. I travel between 200-250K a year so I know how that's like. Fortunately, most of my travel is international, so I get to access the "better" domestic lounges..

It's not a bad way of living, especially when you get to expense Business/First Class tickets. :thumbsup:

20. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I discovered it last weekend when my flight had been delayed leaving LV. It was a real treat to be able to put my carry-on load in a locker inside the facility and wander the slot areas. The buffet was very interesting. They have some "gourmet" items that are not your normal finger food/appetizer fare. Great atmosphere and bar set-up. There's even a kid's play area, if one has kids travelling through LV. Supposedly, there are showers available for guests as well. It's an oasis in the middle of McCarran!

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.