1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Combining award room with paid nights

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by gabeoak, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello.
    Is it possible to combine award room nights with paid nights? I have an 11 night trip coming up. The middle 3 days (t/w/th) are way expensive. I have plently of LPs. So could I combine and use my awards for the 3 nights (assuming they are available nights)

2. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will book things separately but are able to link the reservations. Some people have done this no problem, some others have been asked to stop by front desk on the days the reservations switched over. I think that depends largely on how the person who checks you in handles it.

3. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. I just called and tried to do this but it ends up costing more than just using my winter offer rate () because if I use myvegas award they then have to use my tier rate not another offer.
    Bummer.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That doesn't seem right. Book your winter offer days first through MLife. Then book your MyVegas days after that. Don't bother trying to have them link them together til you get to the hotel or until you have confirmation numbers for all your reservations.

I've got a four day trip coming up in January. I have three nights comped through MLife at NYNY. They wanted me to pay for the last night. Instead I booked the fourth night through MyVegas with no problem.

5. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could see it being a problem if he was trying to use the same offer for both before and after his myvegas dates. Probably cant use the same offer on two different reservations and then make a third set of myvegas reservations.

Might be worth doing the first 5 days on the offer rate, then another reservation for the myvegas dates, and then tier rate for the last three days. Or if your willing to move to another hotel on the last three, that might be better than the tier rate.

6. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AMS722-- that's smart. I am going to give that a try...
    And Sandman... good point about just linking the reservations once I get there.
    I was indeed hoping to do nights 1,2,3 on offer, 4,5,6 myvegas then 7-11 on an offer. Nights 4-6 are 299 so that's why I'm trying to use awards for those. Thus the need for 3 reservations in my scenario.

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can see this causing some issues with them, but more along the lines that you will have already used the room offer thru mLife.

Just for simplicity sake (and maybe to make it a little cheaper,) it might not be a bad idea to do nights 1-6 at the same hotel, then switch to another for 7-11.

8. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Scott. You are probably right that would be easiest.
    It's just with 12 days of business clothes, work materials and such, packing and moving is not option 1.
    But if it saves us a ton, we just may have to!

What's clear in all of this is Vegas does not like long stays at their hotels. They aim for the 2-5 day visit. They must know their is a diminishing return on play after day 5! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.