1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hulkamania in Vegas!!!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by xman30, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Met him numerous times at hotel/airport and he was a class act, took pictures, signed stuff, he was on his private time and really nice so in a setting like that he should be even better

have fun BROTHER

3. Steve1212

Steve1212 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun stuff!!

4. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to a tna wrestling event in vegas(june/july 2013) and hulk hogan came out. Pretty awesome to see him in person like that

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man, I would love that!!

6. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I met Terry when I was going through Chris Adams wrestling school back in the late 80s when he was just getting to be the big name in the game, really, really nice guy. If you are a fan he is one of the best to meet there is. :beer:

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool. I haven't followed wrestling in years but I went to see Hulk when he was at his peak, very entertaining. Not to hijack this thread but as a kid I loved the old AWA wrestlers, The Crusher, Nick Bockwinkle, Baron Von Raschke, Verne Gagne, etc.. Mad Dog Vachon (recently deceased RIP) would come out for his interviews with a file to sharpen his teeth. Crusher would come out with a barrel of beer on his shoulder and chomping on a cigar. There were two TV wrestlers who lost every match, George "Scrapiron" Gadasky and Kenny "Sodbuster" Jay. One time they matched them up against each other, the Battle of the Losers. But they knocked each other out and neither won lol.

8. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the old AWA shows, Verne Gagne really was on to something and well before McMahon took over, I was always a Mid South and Texas guy myself but always watched theold shows on WGN every Sunday morning as well. Bit of history Gadaski was the first opponent Ric Flair ever faced in the ring and he and Sodbuster were also tag team partners as well as the top jobbers for the AWA.

9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they want to attract some fans they should have Ric Flair there. he is the greatest of all time.

woooo!!

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Verne was very "old school" and didn't want to change his product as McMahon got the WWF rolling in the 80's. At one time the AWA had Hulk, Heenan, Ventura and others who went on to star in the WWF.

Gagnes weekly AWA shows were always the same. A star vs. a bum. Star wins then does a 2 minute interview to promote whatever the next local card was. Each market got the same matches but the stars did separate interviews for each city (Minneapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc).

McMahon would show some good matches on TV. Star vs. star. Sure, many times it would end in some sort of disqualification or "controversial" ending in order to set up a "rematch" on a live event. But viewers enjoyed not always seeing bums vs. stars.

11. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah I see you were a fan as much as I was in those days, Gagne lost a bunch of stars he had established and his biggest mistake I think was sticking with ESPN for his broadcast choice and being stuck with a weekday afternoon slot. NWA and WWE meanwhile ended up on superstations and were given prime time slots, as well as the star vs. star you mention.

12. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch!!! Talk about sticker shock!!! A bit deflating.... $149 for a photo op or an autographed picture... & that price is 54% off!!! I'll see if I can say "Hi" to him & shake his hand..... hopefully that won't cost anything!!!

xman30

14. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man that looks like a great opportunity to get my program from when the Twin Towers took on the Mega Powers at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. But alas I don't think it's worth it to shell out that kind of money.

My grandpa used to wrestle The Crusher and other old school wrestlers at the South Side Armory in Milwaukee and my grandma gave him an ultimatum. It's either her or wrestling and I guess you know how that story ended because, Here I Am!

Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild you on you!?

15. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hulk is in vegas all the time. Saw him eating at theCafe last trip with his daughter and girlfriend. I didn't bother him since he was eating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.