1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Wanger1969, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this place decent enough if we have a discount or a BOGO? Any and all comments are much appreciated.

Thank you!

2. theghost

theghost Stuck at work, but should find a poker table

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanger,

Ate at the buffet in late July for breakfast and it was fine, nothing too exciting that pops out but nothing terrible either. They had the usual breakfast fair.....I do remember a big dessert/pastry counter and that my wife commented on how nice it looked

My wife and I have fairly simple tastes so it was good for us.
    Please note I think my wife had a BOGO coupon (maybe my vegas??) not really sure I leave the coupon stuff to her :)

3. jughead1963

jughead1963 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing great decent selection. Dessert were a little so so. I would eat there again with a BOGO offer for sure. :wave:

4. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had this buffet on Saturday and I was surprised at how good I thought everything was. Now, granted, we were having the bottomless mimosas with brunch which makes everything taste better, but I found plenty of things to enjoy. They had out a nice variety of breakfast and lunch foods at 10AM. I went in with very low expectations based on the online reviews I read prior, but I was happy and full. The desserts were less than spectacular, but I find most buffet desserts to be pretty lackluster. I would do it again with a bogo.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like it and I am not a big buffet eater. Good variety for both breakfast and lunch

I Need Spa
  6. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went once this year thanks to myVegas. Had a bottomless sparkling wine brunch deal but walked in at 9:50, ten minutes too early, and settled for tea. Probably saved me a few hundred on the Lion.

I wasn't too impressed until I came upon some sort of beef braise with whole garlic cloves in it. That one dish made the meal for me. I'd go again at full price, if I knew it was there.

7. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just purchased one as a MyVegas reward for 26000 points, so decent cost. Check out the HD video posted on YouTube. Just google MGM Grand buffet and you will see it in the results. It's the 6 min one.

8. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You couldn't pay me to eat at MGM for any meal. I have done lunch and dinner there and was very disappointed. I left MGM's dinner buffet still hungry and very pissed off for the price I paid. I had free passes for the Circus Circus buffet and was happy with what i got. it wasn't a gourmet meal...but I didn't leave hungry.

9. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the champagne brunch back in August and both my wife and I enjoyed it. Went around 11 on a Tuesday and they had a wide selection of breakfast/brunch items and as we were leaving they had out joints of meat at a carving station.

Would definitely return if we were there again.

10. SirSwizzlestick

SirSwizzlestick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The breakfast buffet was awesome the one time I had it.

11. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to a dinner buffet there in Nov. with a bogo from myvegas. Thought it was boring and nothing to write home about. I wouldn't go back.

12. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a resort as big and nice as MGM I'm not a fan of their buffet. They have lots of choices but seem to spread themselves too thin with so many different ethnic dishes... Their salad section is horrible. Basically a bowl of lettuce with some cheese, pepperonis, bacon bits and dressings. No other cold salads like potato, pasta, seafood, ect...
    I gave them 2 chances and was disappointed both times.
    Monte Carlo is just as good if not better at about $10 pp cheaper.

13. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't eaten at MGM Grand's buffet since December 2009. I wasn't too impressed with it. Having said that, I am planning on eating breakfast there next Monday. Main reason is because it's been four years since I've been there. I want to see if anything has changed.

xman30

14. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the one that defines *hit or miss*. Usually they are good, nothing to write home about, but sometimes they are miss. I tried the seafood night on Tuesday, that was definitely a miss.

15. 33hard6

33hard6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM buffet needs a remodel, makes Golden corral or hometown buffet look good. Its gross my wife and I left after out 1st bite granted it was on a comp.

16. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Agreed, MGM needs an upscale to put it on par with the better Strip buffets. It's okay, but there isn't anything special about it.

17. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Discount or BOGO? Absolutely.

Otherwise, absolutely not.

MGM's buffet is never a choice buffet I'd go to unless getting a nice discount.

This is the same for Cravings at the Mirage.

18. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like it for breakfast, or breakfast / lunch. Otherwise, it's not worth it.

19. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there on a Tuesday night (myVegas reward)

I was disappointed that the crab legs were not larger - I knew they would not be huge, but they were definitely skinny little things...lol Loved the fact that they were already split and ready to eat, though!

There was plenty for our party to choose from and I enjoyed the desserts.

20. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buffet is okay. I've dined there for the seafood on tuesdays and on saturday nights. I didn't see a huge difference in the entree selection, The only plus was I paid before 4pm when the price increased. They defitenly needs some change.... maybe add a bar? Larger portions of Prime Rib and NY strip steak?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.