1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Proposing

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by FXT, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about proposing to the gf on my next trip.

Budget is ~ 1k and I want some opinions of what others would do. I have something in mind but it never hurts to listen to what others think :peace:

My gf is very down to earth and shes the type where she'd be happy with even a ringpop on her finger. We've both agreed that we would likely also get married in Vegas.

2. IowaRyan

IowaRyan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More good ideas than could be listed, one idea: Arrange for a table at the Eiffel Tower restaurant at Paris. Let them know in advance what your planing and they'll treat you like gold. Same could probably be said for most upper end restaurants.

3. bboy554

bboy554 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are some spots at Red Rock Canyon that are really beautiful. Congrats in advance!

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was my plan, although it didn't end up working out. I was going to get a room w a nice view of the strip. Have her stand in front of the window looking out over the strip, supposedly to pose for a pic. I was going to sneak up and get down on one knee and surprise her as she turned around.

We are kind of private people, so making a whole production out of it isn't for us. I thought she would appreciate this and a nice dinner and night out much more.

5. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking Eiffel tower restaurant as well but I dont think I can afford to have it with just us two.

Thanks, we normally don't go hit the sights around Vegas but thats actually a good option, maybe a helicopter ride where I pop the question. Again I doubt it'll be just us two

Same here. I'd rather just have it somewhere where its just us two. We're staying at the D right now so in the room isn't going to happen. If I can't settle on a place on Vegas, then its going to happen on Christmas day in a present with her family. She'd probably love it. Maybe a box in a box in a box with a ring in it? I'm so up in the air right now over what I want to do.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband planned to propose over Christmas (1999) and bought the ring in October (estate sale piece he happened to find - he asked his mom to help, but thankfully - remembering ME - got the opposite of what she told him to get:evillaugh) Anyway - he couldn't last 3 days once he had the ring so he proposed one night after we'd been raking leaves in the yard and were getting ready to go to Home Depot for supplies of some sort:ssst:

It was romantic and private and very "us" - exactly what I wanted. I don't like the big set-up proposals - that is not who I am at all, nor who my husband is.
    (I said yes, and we skipped Home Depot and opted for a seafood dinner instead :thumbsup:)

If you're in Vegas now, and you have the ring (?) I say - do it by Bellagio fountains. It's romantic but can be spur of the moment with whomever you're traveling with. Then you can go out and celebrate - romantic dinner for 2 or raucous celebrations with friends and family.

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Popped the question Oct 2012 in Vegas and had a blast doing it.

Ended up proposing to her at the Welcome to Vegas sign. Got a limo and there was 7 of us in the group and my guy who was to be my best man wa the only one who knew. He used the excuse we never have gotten a pic at the sign as the reason since this group have gone together 5 times to Vegas.

Fortunately Elvis was there and did the typical tourist Elvis pictures and after we were done I dropped to one knee and popped the question. She was shocked and she is more the shy type. It's a moment we will never forget.

Fountains is a great idea also. You can't lose but trust me, plan all you want, the nerves still pop up when it's time to propose.

Congrats.

8. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a 1K budget but are kind of the private type, splurge for a fountain view room at Cosmo, sit outside on the patio with her with a bottle of wine and pop the question while the fountains are going off.

9. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty bad at keeping secrets. Hopefully I don't crack under pressure once I have the ring in my hands. Do they have a big Christmas tree around Bellagio fountains this time of year?

Thanks, Im sure my nerves will give it away when it happens. I choked on a lot of public presentations in college.

Thanks, thats not a bad idea. Pretty much goes with what Ron said earlier. I'll look into it.

10. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read another response in the morning that I think was deleted. I found it funny. Didn't have time to respond to it but I used to be an anti marriage/anti kids type of guy. Outside of being a gambler and 9:1 seeming like good betting odds to me :evillaugh, I'm learning to compromise. She does a lot for me and has been with me through a life changing surgery so if all I have to do is put a ring on it and have kids, then I'm getting off easy.

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio will decorate its Conservatory for Christmas - someone posted the date -Dec 6? - and I'm sure it will be GORGEOUS! But that's indoors, past the lobby.

12. Adam

Adam Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you haven't already chosen the ring - Kay's have outlet stores in Vegas.

13. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grand Canyon or Red Rock to propose.

14. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I had our wedding dinner at eiffel tower restaurant... reserved a couple of months in advanced w/ view of fountains and roses at the table.... 5-STAR experience... Treated like king and queen...

one thing i also remember was I was craving for shrimp cocktail which was not on their menu....*Edit just noticed shrimp cocktail is on lunch menu... Well they accommodated us huge jumbo shrimp cocktail w/ amazing cocktail sauce which was to my surprise since they don't have it on their menu... Crispy Potato Croquettes was amazing!!!

15. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pulled the trigger on the ring. Ended up spending a little under 2k and got it on Blue Nile. Thanks a lot folks. Now to finalize how to pop the question.. This is turning out to be one expensive Christmas haha

Attached Files:

16. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks beautiful.

As for the proposal, you might want to consider something unique and unusual. My wife still talks about my proposal (long story). If it's to be a restaurant, Eiffel Tower is very nice. Maybe you could talk to the staff before hand to create something unique...bringing pieces of the proposal to the table in a discrete way, or write it with cranberry sauce around the edge of her plate, or having a clear gel on the window with the proposal that is activated as she is watching the fountains, having the elevator stop for the proposal on the way up with just the 2 of you on it, check the menu beforehand and if you feel comfortable order for both and have food brought without you ever ordering, find a guy named Will, and woman named Yu, and another woman named Mary and work with that(they could all casually walk up and introduce themselves and then you say "what's your names again" and they go "Will, You, Mary" and you add the me, or.....Lots of ideas swirling through my head :)

17. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. Vinegarjoe

Vinegarjoe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FXT-

I proposed to my wife in Vegas. February 11th, 2012, at the Bellagio during one of the fountain shows.

My wife has always loved the Bellagio fountain shows, so I thought this would be great idea.

Below is a link to the trip report that I posted on this site. It covers the details of the proposal plan and there is a video, which was dark.

Good luck - whatever you decide, it will be a great memory for the two of you.

We were married on September 28th 2013.

Cheers

Vinegarjoe

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75262

19. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should probably update. After all the back and forth, I ended up holding on to the ring till we got to Columbus, Ohio (after Vegas) and proposed to her Christmas morning with a ring in the stocking and her entire family in the next room. She loved it. They loved it. It was great.

Going back to Vegas again in October when her mom comes down for PBR finals and she's going to check out some places for the wedding next April.

20. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update, was wondering how you did it.

Are you guys doing a full wedding in vegas vs eloping then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.