1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best time to book memorial day? Best Hotel?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by herder, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys, I went to vegas for the first time in August and loved it. This site really helped a lot. Thanks

Wanted to know when would be the best and cheapest time to book hotels for Memorial day weekend? Is it too early? Does Black Friday have any hotel deals for hotels (Canadian here so not sure).

Last time I stayed at Aria and found it nice but will be switching it up this time. I'm guessing Memorial Day will be great at any hotel but still need help deciding. I loved the vibe at Cosmo and Wynn but checking out prices, wow its expensive for memorial day. Thinking of maybe MGM as it was decent when we went and seems reasonable priced. We like the party atmosphere, as long as it doesn't get too immature.

thanks for any input.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria, Wynn, Cosmo - all higher end hotels, pricewise.

Way too early to get any "deals" for the end of May. Vegas does not really run Black Friday deals that I know of anyways.

Depending on your level of play at Aria, you may be able to get some decent deals or maybe offers at any of the MGM group of hotels. I would pick a few and continue to check their monthly calendars. Book, and change later if needed.

ALL weekends in Vegas are always more expensive.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, all weekends are about double in price from weekdays, holiday weekends are probably close to triple.

I'd just scout out the hotels you'd like. If you think MGM would be good, also look at Mandalay Bay, Mirage, Planet Hollywood and Paris. All are similar. I'd just see who has the best deal. I'd expect to pay at least $150-$200 a night on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you can fudge your dates to not include one of those nights you can save quite a bit. If you go on Memorial Day during the week after it'll be like 80% less haha :beer:

Sift through the codes at http://smartervegas.com/ though most won't be up till probably early next year. You may be able to get an idea. If you see a deal that's refundable, book it, you can always change it later!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yea, most of the hotels have a calendar with rates for the entire month. You will quickly see where/who has good rates and who might be having some event that drives prices up.

5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Memorial day weekend rates easily double if not triple. Not sure how far out some places have their window open, but you just have to look at places to see. You can always pick a place and make a reservation in hopes it lowers

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "We like the party atmosphere, as long as it doesn't get too immature."

Yea, you will not find deals on a holiday weekend. Honestly if you're not a comp'd player I'd look at another weekend. Plus a regular summer weekend will probably be a lot more fun. My experiences (twice) on MM Day weekend is the partying does get pretty immature and all summer weekends will still be hopping.

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, last year the Cosmopolitan had some GREAT deals on Cyber Monday.

8. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now you can't lose with the pricing MLife is offering for that holiday weekend. I am bottom of the barrel, barely gamble, bottom tier. Personally I always book sooner than later and watch the prices and adjust accordingly.

What's interesting is a week later some of the rooms are higher than MDW on average. I did Thurs-Tues both weeks.

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, book now, something refundable and adjust later if necessary.

10. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Can always cancel and re-book (as long as you provide 48 hour notice prior to the arrival day) if you find a better price. While it's still early, hopefully it would help you feel more at ease because you have a room.

11. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am planning a May trip and I have been consistently going in May for a few years. The current rates are nearly double what they will be around january and february. you can book now but chances are there will be better deals. Keep watching.

12. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I'm also bottom of barrel. The only problem I have is that most of the Mlife promotions I get emailed to me don't apply that weekend. I got one that did but its gone now. I think it was a 20% off deal MGM.

Thanks. I'll be checking to see if they have one this year. Hopefully any deals will extend to MDW.

Thats good to hear. I was worried the closer it got to the long weekend the higher the prices would be. Anyway I will book something now if I find a decent deal and cancel later.

Another reason I'm liking the MGM is the pool. I hear the weather is amazing in late May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.