1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shopping

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by kellyntx, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellyntx

kellyntx Tourist

Where are some good places to shop? Not for souvenirs but clothing etc. Like maybe outlet or anything. Going Tuesday and gonna be there almost a week so will have lots of time to spare.

Kelly

2. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas Premium Outlets - South
    7400 S Las Vegas Blvd
    Las Vegas
    +1 702-896-5599

OR

Las Vegas Premium Outlets - North
    875 S Grand Central Pkwy
    Las Vegas
    +1 702-474-7500

The wife says North is better, and she is a professional!!!!!!

3. Prime

Prime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fashion Show Mall is good.

Agree with the above in that the North Outlet is much better. It has more/better designer stores.

I'm personally thinking about hiring a car and driving to Henderson. They have a shopping centre called Sunset Galleria but I'm not sure the journey and cost is worth it reading other reviews.

4. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forum shops at Caesars Palace is a big favorite!

If you like uber lux stores, citycenter is good for it.

If you like to dress for less, there is a Ross at both ends of the strip (near MGM and one near Circus Circus). If you are into this sort of thing, you will not be disappointed!

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to all that has already been said, there is Miracle Mile mall at Planet Hollywood as well (this place also has two theatres for a ton of shows half-off). And places like Wynn and Bellagio have expensive promenades.

The shopping opportunities are abundant! Search shopping at vegas.com and have fun learning about where you want to target!

6. Prime

Prime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had to Google 'Ross' as never heard of it coming from the UK. Sounds like our TK MAXX equivalent. Will give it a go Sunday ;-)

7. kellyntx

kellyntx Tourist

Thanks everyone. I love to shop. I have been to the ones at Planet Hollywood. Those are pretty good too.

8. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marshalls just opened (in the same family as TJ/TK Maxx) on the strip as well. They are in the same mall area as the Coke shop. It looks like they took over that old abandoned "Below zero bar" that was there. I haven't been, but from snooping through the windows, it looked like a nice shop!

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ton of shops on strip. Where will you be staying?

10. Natural21

Natural21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually shop at the bar at Main Street Station. Great deals....can't go wrong.
    Good luck. :beer::beer:

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Sunset galleria is like other malls across america. It is probably the nicest big mall in vegas, the others being meadows mall and the boulevard mall. Not sure if you would like it or worth the journey but in the mall they have a Dicks sporting goods and a Kohls. In the same area they also have a costco, best buy and sports authority so it depends what type of shopping you want to do.

I actually like the south outlet much better (the old Belz mall). I find the North Outlet to be "cookie cutter" with other outlet malls in america, with many of the same outlet store (adidas, nike, a/x, ck, polo, etc.). The south mall has a few other stores that I like, plus there are some in the annex that I like (disney store for their funny sale t shirts). Sometimes when I'm in vegas I skip the north mall completely. but I guess it is all just my preference.

also note: the outlet malls offer a discount tuesday for people 50+. while not all stores honor that :Þ many do.

12. aashleyjc

aashleyjc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer the North Outlets over the South, but usually still hit up the South Outlets if we have time (and money!).

Fashion Show Mall. Love the Nordstrom there, and I think that there is a Saks, Neiman Marcus and Dillard's there as well.

If you are looking to just kill time, hit up all the strip promenades. Forum Shops at Caesars, Miracle Mile at PHo, Grand Canal at V/P, and Crystals at CityCenter. I am sure I am forgetting some, but those are my favorites.

13. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always go to the Fashion Show Mall (across from Wynn). I just enjoy it, they have all the regular stores, not all super high end stuff, it's really big... and it's less of a mess than dealing with the Forum Shops. I've been to some of the other "regular" malls in Vegas and out in the suburbs and they aren't great, so don't bother with them.

The outlet malls are fine. The North one is nicer... the South isn't bad, it's just really old and indoors... just seems dingy. But they are the same as any other outlet mall you'd find in any other city. I would't go out of my way to get to one of the outlet malls, but if you have a car, or there is a shuttle or something, it's good.

I also usually end up at Miracle Mile shops. Good variety there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.