1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Sky Suite "Check-in", but not in suite... ?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by BLNT, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been in a Sky Suite twice (loved it), but this time was comped a regular ("deluxe" ;) ) room. According to my host, and my confirmation, we have Sky Suite check-in owing to being apparently in that part of the complex:

Requested Room Type: Deluxe Room

Your reservation includes a complimentary stay, $100 food and beverage credit and Sky Suite check in.

I called VIP services at Aria and they seemed confused by that, saying that only those staying IN a Sky Suite have the ability to check-in there. That makes total sense to me, BTW ! I emailed my host, including relaying what I had been told. I was assured that we would indeed have Sky Suite check-in.

Having said that, I have been mis-led in the past (and I told my host this) once at Beau Rivage and once at Bellagio, when we were not in suites but had been told (not on confirmation that time) by my host that we could check in there. They were able to accommodate us anyway both times, but at Bellagio the person behind the desk was vocal enough about my not being eligible to check in there so that other guests waiting there also heard this. That's right up there with what swimming in cold water tends to do to guys... :eek2

I'd rather not have an embarrassing repeat of that, and my host assures me I won't (I even suggested just going to the invited guest check-in area).

Thoughts?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With Aria, you just never know. I have had enough bad past host experiences that I would not necesarrily trust what one of them tells you.

That being said, earlier this year, I stayed at Aria, booked in a corner suite (which I'm pretty certain does not qualify as a "sky suite") and I was still taken to the sky suite checkin (near baccarat and Lemongrass) and had access to all those services while staying in a corner suite. So it could be legit.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should probably have added that my host is off-site/corporate host (New Jersey as I recall).

Thanks

4. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you have a Sky Suites key, I'm curious as to how you'll get into the check in desk area, unless you're dropped off there by your transportation.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can obviously get in there since you have to be able to get in there before you check-in and have a key.

7. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there are regular rooms in the sky suites side. When I go solo, I get a regular room as I don't need the extra space.

For the OP:
    Do you have limo pick up at the airport? if you have limo pick up, you will be checking in at the sky suites check in.

8. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Transportation Service
    Pick Up Location: Mccarren - Number of Guests: 2
    Destination: Aria- Sky Suite Check in
    Special Requests: None

Time will tell !

9. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it's a limo.

Good to know - that's the one "catch" that I can now take off my list.

Thanks

10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. You get dropped off by transpo. After that, I flashed my key at the security guy maybe once. They were not very attentive

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  11. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are definitely regular rooms in the Sky Suites section but they are not really bigger and nicer than the regular rooms. They look just like the regular rooms but are actually a tiny bit smaller (at least the one I used was, but that might be because it had two queen beds in it).

I know this for a fact because on my last trip in July my Sky Suite was not ready when I arrived at 9:30am, so the reservationist was kind enough to offer a regular room for me to use until later in the day when my suite was ready (which of course I took her up on).

The main purpose of these rooms is if people want to add a bedroom to their sky suites - there is a door that can connect to an adjacent Sky Suite.

I was surprised to find out there were regular rooms in the Sky Suites but once I saw the connecting door, it all made perfect sense.

12. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    interesting, I didn't know these were connectors. all the big hotels have them to turn a 1BR into a 2BR or a 2BR into a 3BR, but as far as I knew, none of the places rented them out separately. they reserved them for the people using the main suite. so I'm surprised that they just rent these out.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a recent visit, we checked in at the Sky Suites area. BUT, our room was elsewhere. We had to walk out and go to the regular elevators.

Strange.

14. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting!

So I'm guessing a Sky Suites limo picked you up?

(Or are all the Aria limos the same??)

15. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the Aria Limos are the same.

A Limo pickup does not always mean a SkySuites stay.
    I have stayed in a Corner Suite several times and had Limo pickup and return to the airport arranged by my host.

16. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Understood.

Where did you check-in for the Corner Suite?

Thanks

17. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Invited guest section at the front desk.
    I will be there for NYE and doubt that they will put me in SkySuites as all the BIG players are in for that party.
    I'm gonna ask my host for a SkySuites checkin though so I have access to the lounge.
    I hate standing in line for coffee in the morning with a hangover.

18. Red Raider

Red Raider Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my trip next weekend, I have limo service and a corner suite and was told by my host that they are cracking down on the Sky Suite check in and I would have to go to the invited guest line out front. In 12 previous visits with limo service & corner suite, I was able to use Sky Suites check in with no problem.

19. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting...

I'm guessing the limo driver will be appropriately "in the know" and get us to the right place.

20. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will know where your room is.
    If you come in the back way through a secured gate you are in the SkySuites.
    Front entrance means regular hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.