1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taylor Hicks at Paris Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by dennis63, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis63

dennis63 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were in Las Vegas last weekend (Sept. 20 - 22), and got tickets for Saturday night's Taylor Hicks show at Paris Las Vegas. She is a big fan of Hicks after rooting (and voting) for him on American Idol. I wasn't sure what to expect musically, but I remembered that I liked Hicks, since he wasn't the typical teen pop singer on American Idol.

Frankly, the performance blew me away. Taylor is an incredible performer with a high-energy show that was non-stop for more than 90 minutes. The music was a mix -- some blues, some country, some original music and some standard tunes from great writers, but 100-percent original style throughout. He did an amazing job, on stage with a three-piece band of talented musicians. For the last four or five sons, his AI competitor, Elliot Yamin, came up on stage to join him.

I think it may be the most underrated show in Vegas right now, but the evening wasn't over when the music stopped.

Hicks set up outside the theater and greeted fans as they came out. My wife bought a CD -- she always does, after all. He signed it for her, and he got a photo taken with her. When the lighting wasn't right for the cell phone camera, he asked someone to turn a spotlight around to get a better picture for her. Amazing!

So, a great show worth seeing, and a real gentleman who is all about his fans.

2. Kort Jester

Kort Jester Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife would love that !!

May I ask the price of tickets?

3. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were there in April he was performing at Napoleon's. Have they moved him to an actual theater?

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no:thumbsup:

5. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful. So glad to know this. We have tickets for Monday, November 4th already. It says on our tickets that it is at Napoleon's.

Sema Show
  6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw him back in March, great show! I've been some what of a fan since Idol, but I don't think you need to know him to enjoy it. Lots of covers, blues and soul and a little country. He's really good!

My only tip, it's really loud... you may wanna bring ear plugs if that bothers you (the room is so small that's why). Still at Napoleans, he couldn't fill anything larger. Like Jersey Boys theatre.

Tickets are $39.99 regular seats, it's over on the side.. and $69.99 (meet and greet, and up front table seats). He signs after the show if you buy something at the merch table.

7. dennis63

dennis63 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got the $39.99 tickets and got there early. We ended up in the second row, just to the performers' left (off the piano) And yes, it was in the Napoleon Cafe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.