1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Time of the day to start game

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by landsburger, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I'm considering starting to play MyVegas, and I remember seeing some "start/play/collect at the ____ time each day" advice, but I can't remember exactly what it recommended.

1. Does it matter what time I install and begin playing based on how the day will play out (for general play and collecting loyalty points)?

Any other timing advice would be great.

Thanks for the help.

LB

2. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. The only part that is time dependent is collecting the chips. And the ones worth worrying about are MB and MGM. The only advice for them is that I would try to collect the last V at a time that is most convenient for your schedule. It's hardly worth worrying about though.

3. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suggest selecting a time that is convenient for you. I do mine in the morning as I'm having my coffee. Have fun with the game :)

4. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i collect all day long when i have time, i check it every once in awhile and if something is ready i grab it.

5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my experience the daily spin seems to happen usually around 22 or 23 hours after whenever you did it the previous day, so you may want to keep that in mind. You'll want to login and collect chips at least four times daily anyway, though, once you get all of your properties built.

6. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. Started a short time ago, earlier today. 22K chips, 1,600 loyalty, and half way through level 7. MC and CC built...

It will be interesting to see how it goes.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think believing that the time of day you collect from your properties will return more is about on par with believing if you rub the screen on a slot machine or wave your troll doll over the spin button will win you more :) :) :)

8. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually found the original post that gave the time advice. Since I had not played the game at the time, I had no idea what it might have been talking about.

So it didn't have to do with it getting you any extra money, but was talking about convenience.

After playing for just a day, I don't exactly see how you could time them all at the same time, although I guess playing at certain times will place them together in a general sense.

Also a good idea is to coordinate the times when you finish buildings, so that all the properties become due at a convenient time for you. For example, if your most convenient time for you to collect is around 9:30 pm, try to finish your properties in such a way where they become due at 9:35 pm, so you can easily "double dip". Keep in mind though that myVegas collections don't adjust with daylight savings.
    And to remind everyone, the properties reset with the following time periods:
    Monte Carlo, Circus Circus, NYNY: 2 hours
    Mirage, Excalibur, Bellagio: 4 hours
    Luxor, Aria, Mandalay Bay: 6 hours
    MGM Grand: 8 hours

9. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At 11k chips and 3,500 loyalty points for the day. Is that about average when you first start out?

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, timing properties is all about convenience. Once you build the properties, the clock never moves. The less effort you put in to collecting loyalty points, the better, right?

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't really matter because the times listed are 2, 4 and 6 hours each... if you have a job where you are away from a computer for more than a couple of hours or if you sleep more than 6 hours a night you are just going to skew all the times anyways.

Plus, as it is when you pick a property for its chips the time doesn't always go to the above listed times. Like I might click on Monte Carlo and get my chips and then it'll tell me I can pick again in 15 minutes or something.

So I'd say just finish them as fast as you can so that you can start collecting chips as soon as possible.

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think you're really getting the point.

For example, if you create all of them at 11pm local time (10pm after DST ends) then they will be due at the exact same time once every day. So if you are around a computer only once a day just before these times, then this is more beneficial to you because you can collect everything at least twice a day (as long as you stay on the computer beyond 11pm), including Luxor, Aria, Mandalay Bay, and MGM Grand. And if you are trying to finish Aria for example, then you could finish it at either 11pm, 5am, 11am, or 5pm and they would be always be due at 11pm until the end of DST hits. How important that is to an individual varies though.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.