1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Comp Weekday Rewards

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Shjf, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering why under NYNY for Weekday comp rooms, there is one option for 32,000 and one for 56,000 with the exact same description?? Anyone know the difference between the two?

Unless this is one of those rewards, like the Shark Reef for example, you can spend 12,500 to get 1 free admission or spend 40,000 and get 2. Who's going to pay 40,000 when you can spend 25,000.....

2. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 32,000 room is a midweek comp room BONUS where as the 56,000 room is just a midweek comp room.

http://www.mgmresorts.com/myVEGASdates/nyny.aspx

Go to this website, if the date you want is higlighted yellow then it is a BONUS room so it'll be less lps :) If not, you'd need to use the midweek comp room and use the higher lp room.Hope that helps.

3. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're probably referring to the bonus reward. There are certain dates that allow you to use the cheaper reward (you may also use the bonus reward multiple times). Check the calendar of available dates to know which dates require which reward.

4. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason you will pay 40k is because you can't buy two of the cheaper rewards. One per person.

As for the bonus nights vs regular nights, it's all down to which nights have lower occupancy. The bonus nights are in an empty hotel while the regular nights are on busier nights. One good thing, you can book a bonus night and a regular night back to back.

5. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's my bad about the shark reef. I never bothered to click on the reward to see the limitations. Already been, don't need to go again for awhile.

6. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone that would utilize something like this (as in the 208,000 for KA tickets for two) as opposed to the 79,000 or so for single ticket would be someone like myself. Two of us are playing myvegas and do not see another trip there in the foreseeable future. To maximize rewards for this trip I opted for the larger chip prize instead of us both using points and each using 1 reward now only one reward was used between us. It freed up another reward to be used for maybe the 50$ dining credit or the buffet for two (yes, i know, the ones for two are "overpriced" too lol). We're not crazy for our choices...we just may have a few more points to spend for our rewards. :)

7. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help guys. It was only 2 months ago my bf and I started to play this game. We both have over 70k in LP, and first started playing to get Jabbawockeez tickets but have since changed our mind. I think we'll be saving to have a 5 nights free at the Mirage or something next year. I'm assuming with these free nights from MyVegas, you are expected to pay tax and resort fees correct?? Any hidden things I should be aware of? We've never redeemed yet so we have no experience with it.

8. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it wont be easy to get 5 nights free. lots of shuffling back and forth between the 2 of you. You can only use one reward per person. So one weekday, one weekend each, that would be 4 nights, then a bonus date has to be in there to get the 5th.

9. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not following you?? Why could I not redeem 3 nights from my account for lets say Sunday to Tuesday, then my bf from Wednesday & Thursday night to give us 5 nights total. I just looked at the fine print and it stated "Limit 3 per myVegas player." So your saying the limit 1 per person only applies to regular weekday comps aka 56k LP instead of 32k LP?? Since I just looked at a regular weekday comp and it said limit 1 per person.

10. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking if done with the right configuration you can accomplish it. You could redeem for a midweek comp. Your b/f could then redeem for a midweek comp, then a midweek comp bonus for you...then the same for your b/f and then the weekend comp bonus should work out. You may have to alternate them if the wording says not to be used in succession. When you call to make the reservations just tell them you want to link them together (they may tell you this will be done at check in) so that you don't have to move in and out of the room. Enjoy the game :)

11. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, the limit 1 is for normal ones. The bonus ones now have 3 that you can use. I would just phone and do it while on the phone with a rep, that way there are no mistakes. Some months you will not find much for bonus dates though for this to work.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.