1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taking my wife to Vegas for her 40th birthday Sept 25 – 0ct 1st

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by trainer, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trainer

trainer Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking my wife to Vegas for her 40th birthday Sept 25 – 0ct 1st (she looks 30 and still gets asked for ID)

Would like to show her a great time but it is a little overwhelmed…

hoping for some help and direction on where and when to hit certain spots and the spots to avoid.

Will be honest, I have worked way too much over the last 10 years so I am trying to make this up to her by giving her a trip that she will remember forever.

We come from a small town a couple hours outside of Toronto Canada and this is our first time visiting Vegas. There is nothing like the Vegas clubs around here so I will feel like a fish out of water a little haha

She loves to dance but it will be just the two of us so wasn’t sure about tables and handshakes etc, just know I don't want to spend out trip waiting in huge lines and never seeing the inside of a club.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated

2. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although the clubs can be fun, I would focus a good amount of time on finding some amazing restaurants she would love, as well as some shows.

As for clubs, Tao is very cool.

3. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I wouldn't spend time trying to get into these clubs with the huge lines and long waiting times. But I think she may enjoy Cleopatra's Barge. It is a nice lounge with a dance area. The ages of the crowd varies, but it isn't lacking in great drink choices and great music.

There are many spots where you can romance the birthday girl, whether it is dining or just catching a fountain show at the Bellagio at night.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    trainer,
    Where are you staying?

5. trainer

trainer Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballagio - room overlooking the fountain so figured it was a must for first time :)

We want to do the vegas night club at least one night - just to say we have done it. she seriously looks late 20's early 30's max. not just saying that she really does so she wants to enjoy a couple wild nights... just not sure where haha

some great suggestions so far - thank you

are there certain nights that are better than others?

was debating about a club crawl - party bus on groupon just to meet up with other people since it will just be the two of us.

6. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the club crawl would be a great idea. No waiting in line plus you get to see more than just one club.. I would have suggested VIP/bottle service with which you get a table and no waiting in line but it is expensive and if you are not big drinkers probably not worth it.. I have hear good things about the club crawl but not sure which one is best (there are several). Do some searching on this board or start a new thread to find that out.

7. trainer

trainer Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was on JC forums - after reading some posts on this forums i wasn't sure if i would be getting any deal with BS with a host or just going direct to the club.

we would be open to sharing costs of BS for a table but it adds up quickly with just two of us haha

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The strip gets crowded with cars on the weekends so I would plan to stay close to the hotel on Friday and Saturday nights. But there is plenty of stuff to enjoy within walking distance.

Harrah's has the Big Elvis show in the afternoon, I think its still free. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.

Not sure about night clubs, its not our thing.

The car show at the Quad is fun and free.

9. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out this thread
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94684&highlight=club+crawl

CaptainRon62 is the guy who has raved about the club crawls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.