1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Done with Mlife...

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Aftermath, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I've had it with Mlife and their bi-polar ways of determining comps and offers.

I think it's about time we part ways and I've been wanting to try out another program for the longest time anyways.

I'm avoiding TR on purpose as their properties don't really appeal to me.

Trying to decide between either Wynn/Encore or Venetian/Palazzo.

Which one is better in terms of comps and perks?

My play is average $200+/hand BJ.

Thanks.

2. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my personal experience, the Wynn is much more lenient with their comps. Add to that the kneejerk reaction LVS had with regards to comps a few years back where they didn't even honor existing comps, still leaves me a little wary of them.

With your level of play, you should have no problem getting free rooms at the Wynn. I get mailers with free rooms and most of the time they have $200-$500 (I once got $1k) in FP attached to them. I am significantly below your level of play but I mix it up between tables ($75/avg bet craps) and slots. I am below the level of play that would get me a host, so I rely on those mailers, which don't always come when I want to take a trip. I've also never had anything comped on the backend at Wynn. It's my favorite property on the strip, although I wish it were closer to middle.

From my experience with the two programs, it's a bit like CET & MGM. The Wynn is similar to CET in that it's easier to get some mailers for free rooms and some FP for lower end play (note I'm not saying that it only takes very minimal play like CET just that it takes less to trigger offers than LVS). But with Wynn it's tougher to get the back end comps or anything above and beyond what your offers are. With LVS, it's harder to get those initial offers for free rooms and what not, but they almost always have free play and resort credit attached to them as well, and usually a generous amount. Similar to MGM in the MGM-CET comparison.

Of course all of this is based of my experience, which hasn't been through a host at either property, rather just the offers through their corporate marketing. At your level you will be working with a host, so your experience will probably vary.

3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you average $200 / hand, why are you not using a host and waiting for offers to appear? A host can do way more for you than any marketing offer or mailer. I don't even get offers or mailers, when I log in to the MILF website, it just says "contact your host". Anything they do have listed there is stupid and not even worth the time reading. I think you will do much better using a host.

Which MILF property do you mostly frequent?

4. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a host at Aria and Bellagio. When I first approached them they were very accommodating. They knew what my average bet and play was and I told them I never usually deviate away from that amount. They assured me that I had nothing to worry about if my play stayed consistent and that I would continue to be comped RFB. I continue to have the same ADT, but all subsequent calls to my host were answered with basically "What I can offer you is not that much different than your corporate offer", which are pretty decent for a green chip player, but I'm a black chip player and press as high as $600 at times when I get a good streak going on. I'm not too forgiving when it comes to people who back down on their word. I want to find a program where my play will be appreciated and rewarded accordingly.

5. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info. Seems to match up with the consensus. I'm leaning towards going with Wynncore. Thanks!

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Aftermath, a few years back I stayed only at Wynn for 3 or 4 trips straight. My play is similar to yours and they always gave me a comped room and sometimes tower suite (executive suite or something) plus covered my modest f&b. If not all at least most, I can't really remember. I had a good host and I'm happy to give you his name but I'm not sure if he's still there or not.

I'd say net net the comps were the same as what I get with MLife but Wynn is nicer than any MGM property imo. But it has an older clientele, less of a party vibe, and too far north for my tastes. Plus you'll lose the option of a bunch of sister properties you have right now with MGM.

VegasBJ, at this level of play the marketing offers are still very useful. I think you need to gamble way way higher for them to become irrelevant. Hosts aren't going to do much upfront other than the room/suite comp and airport pickup. With the marketing offer you can get f&b credit upfront and freeplay. So I've found it's better to have a host but let him book the offer and jack it up if he can.

7. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Good info. Thanks. I'm going to try the "let the host approach you" method with this new property. I'm just going to whip out my entire trip's bankroll ($10k) at my 1st table and see if it will sound any alarms.

Everytime I seek out a host on my own, that's the last time I ever see or hear from them.

8. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aftermath, I used to stay at the Aria on a regular basis. I switched for the same reasons as you. I switcehd to TR because I like the rooms at the Augustus Tower. In all honesty, I do prefer the MGM properties over the CET properties. I enjoy the Wynn, but I find the location to be a disadvantage.

As an aside, I am a little bit confused as to why MGM Properties are not doing more to attract gamblers. My confusion has been exacerbated by a recent TIME Magazine with respect to the drop in gambling revenue since 2007.

9. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know what you mean. Thus my reason for calling them "bi-polar".

Majority of my trips are losing trips, I have horrible luck. I bring my bankroll expecting to lose. You would think that on top of my ADT and my propensity to lose, they would LOVE to retain me as a customer. :confused:

10. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you considered trying a new host at Aria or the B? The ones that you have don't seem to be doing much of anything for you.

Another idea if you want to be the bigger fish in the smaller pond and probably get much better comps than you have been getting, then take a look into playing in the HL room at TI. Granted they can be a little too watchful of the players (but that might just be my experience there), but if you've been losing I'd think they be very welcoming to you ... and I hope that your BJ luck turns in favor.

11. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While not a bad thought, I doubt that someone would want to go from Aria/Bellagio, to TI no matter what they're throwing at them. Now you might be on to something in stepping down slightly to say a property like Mirage, where that kind of play could get you a suite, and with it's MGM affiliation, still gives you the ability to eat at many great restaurants and have it comped.

However, if I were the OP and looking to make a move, even if TI was throwing me RFB, I wouldn't take it just because the property isn't that nice, and I don't really care about RFB when my options are Senor Frogs, Kahunaville, and Gilley's. (And I'm far from a foodie, but I'm not eating the slop that they pass off as food in those joints, while the 22 year old at the end of the bar is ripping jager bombs until he pukes)

12. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now they are purposely trying to piss me off.

Just received this in my inbox:

[​IMG]

13. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few different thoughts .....

First, I had a similar epiphany a couple years ago. I had just started playing above the green chip level and was really frustrated with the inconsistent offers I was receiving from MGM. I even posted on this board about my frustration and was on the verge of switching to CET. I stayed at Caesars and PHo, really disliked the properties compared to MGM, and decided to give MGM one more shot with a better host. I lucked into a better host at Bellagio and have stayed mostly at MGM properties ever since. These days, my play has escalated to where I get whatever I want (which is as much a function of my not wanting a lot compared to similar players :rolleyes2: ), but during those first few trips when I started playing black chips, my Bellagio host was friendly and upfront with me about what he could and could not do. I agree with the previous post that suggests you may want to try some new hosts before giving up on MGM entirely. Mainly because .......

Wynn and Venetian just aren't as good, IMO. Wynn is my go to hotel when I am not staying at MGM. Wynn offers me much more upfront than Venetian, although I have more play history at Wynn so I suspect that is a big part of it. I like both Wynn and Venetian, but the nice thing about MGM (and CET) is the variety of hotels, food, and entertainment options all under one corporate umbrella. Stayed at MGM Grand earlier this summer with a large group of friends that wanted to see O and my Grand host took care of all of us, no problems. I like that kind of flexibility and options with the larger companies. I say just call up Wynn and Venetian, tell them your level of play, and see what they can do for you. Neither will probably offer much upfront, they will want to confirm your play first (just whipping out the $10k bankroll doesn't help you until they see you play it).

I first got a host at Venetian a year ago because I was staying there in a friend's room, got down big early, and started betting $2k a hand at bac to chase it. When I stood up from the table, there was a host standing right behind me to introduce himself. At Wynn, I first stayed there this past January. I booked a regular room in advance and after playing two shoes of bac with wagers between $500 and $1k, I asked to be introduced to a host. They brought one over, he took care of all my charges for that weekend, and has treated me great ever since. At $200 a hand, you won't attract a host's attention at either of those places, but ask to speak to one after you put in some play and they should take care of you. Good luck!

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  14. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at your level, you're screwed. you're just at the wrong level to get taken care of anywhere other than a room comp from a host. sorry.

15. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not a big fan of the decor of venetian/palazzo, so my pick is wynncore. i stayed there a few time but one time (don't remember how many nights) i remember i was playing bj mostly. started with just $25/hand and possibly up to $500/hand the very most which counted less than 5% of my total time spent. went to the red card booth and see what kind of food coupons will i get before i check out. the guy didn't say anything but told me to see a host. the host wasn't too friendly but waived me couple nights of stay which i was pleasantly surprised. so i guess wynncore will definitely comp you more than i do.

16. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter,

I know my place and I know what my play merits. I'm not one of those $25 a hand players who demands and expects a penthouse suite and $700 FB.

My gripe in my original post was not about being showered with limos, endless food and freeplay. It was about the inconsistency in what I get for the amount of play I put in. I get free rooms sometimes, and sometimes I get discounted rates and sometimes I get nothing. People who play far less than me get better offers.

I just want offers that are consistent to what my play is deserving of.

At $200+ a hand, a regular room and enough FB to cover dinner is not asking for much.

My corporate offers have been Sun-Thurs with not much else. Hosts (which I wouldn't even bother to contact if I didn't truly believe that I was deserving of something a bit better) tell me that they can't do much more for me either.

I've never even been interested in hosts until every green chip player on this board convinced me that they've gotten much better offers through a host and persuaded me to try my luck at contacting one myself.

As you can see from my post above with their latest mailer to me, I'm not even getting free rooms from them so that's why I'm contemplating jumping ship to another program.

17. Llew

Llew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the 5-star properties have been toughening up comps at that level. A couple years ago, Wynn would give you a room comp at $150/hand x 4hrs. Now it's $250. Aria and Bellagio have increased similarly. Though at all 3 places there is some wiggle room, especially on off-peak days.

There could also be problems if they didn't rate you properly.

My play level is pretty similar, and I'd have to say that Mlife is still the way to go. The player's clubs at Wynn and Encore just flat out suck for table game players, so you are completely at the mercy of hosts and corporate offers, the latter of which are incredibly stingy if you're not a slots person.

18. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd have to say that my experiences at Wynn have been a little better that Llew's. Back before I incorporated VP into the mix, I was pretty much a 90% BJ/10% craps guy at about your levels, Aftermath (though I did play more than 4 hours/day). For that play, my host would comp me a Resort Room for 4 days (upfront) and about $100-150/day in F/B (back end). Or she'd comp me a Tower Room upfront and a very small amount of F/B at the end.

Incidentally, now that my mix is about 50/50 VP (mostly $5 DDB or $1 triple play STP) and BJ, my comps have improved quite a bit - I get a Tower Room (4 nights) and $150-200/night worth of F/B on the back end.

Marketing offers are about on par with Milf, though. 3 nights in a Resort Room is the norm for me. So, if that's what you're looking for, I think you'll be just as frustrated.

My father is a Venetian/Palazzo guy. His marketing offers from them seem to be quite generous - he usually gets some free play and F/B upfront (probably $300-450 combined for a 3 night stay). His BJ average is a bit lower, but he does give them a small amount of slot action, which I assume explains his better offers.

19. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aftermath,

In addition to what I've already stated in this thread you might want to think about calling a host at one of the other Mlife properties if you reach a dead end with Aria & the B. For your level of play I'd probably consider Mirage MGM Mandalay MC and NYNY. I doubt that you'd be happy with Luxor or Excalibur.

20. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Disregard those emails. They don't mean anything, they're just general marketing emails that everyone gets. Those are not your actual offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.