1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by BlueBellThunder, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any thoughts on the new iPhone. I'm not that impressed. I was hoping for a slightly larger screen and more features. The fingerprint scanners is cool however I heard it not open to developers just yet, do I guess no virtually wallet for now.

2. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't even heard what exactly is going to be on the 5s, but isn't the S model usually a little underwhelming for the most part?

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The camera is greatly improved (I don't use that much) and the processor is twice as fast (40 times faster than IPhone 1). I have an IPhone 5 and will upgrade, only cause it's on the company's nickel, otherwise I'd probably pass and wait for the next generation. I agree about wanting a slightly bigger screen. I've had every IPhone produced and love them... I'm not a techy guy really and appreciate something I can comfortably use.

4. Bigschmo

Bigschmo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The iPhone 5Same?

5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Screen size is a deal breaker for me. My old phone that I had for two years (htc evo 3d) was 4.3". I would have to downgrade to get an iphone, as I believe their biggest screen is 4". I got the HTC One about two months ago, best phone I've ever had by a mile.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't beat the 5.5" screen on the galaxy note II. I pick up friends' iPhones and they're just tiny. I will never go smaller again.

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what she said.

The 5S is basically what everyone expected, nothing more.

Next year will probably be a more drastic change. Bigger screens are rumored, but with Apple who knows...

8. shawnawm1868

shawnawm1868 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed about the HTC One. I was entering my phone number into a coworkers iPhone today and I was like your phone is like a baby phone. I was an iPhone girl, but until they make their screen bigger I won't go back.

9. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love my iPhone for the fact of how small it is. When I pick up my friends' phones they are way to big and bulky, damn things barly fit in my pocket.

10. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased my I Phome 5 in October.
    First Apple product ever.
    No complaints

11. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend at work keeps upgrading his Samsung, it keeps getting bigger and BIGGER. Any bigger and it would be like a laptop without a keyboard. Satisfied Apple user here. I like it to fit in my pocket.

12. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True. But it does fit. And watching videos or browsing the web is awesome on the huge screen. And it's actually much thinner than the iPhone so to me the iPhone feels big and clunky.

13. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll upgrade to the 5s. Currently I have an iPhone 4, not 4s. A year and a half ago I was running across a busy street against the light. Northern Blvd. if you're a NYer. The phone fell out of the case because the velcro tab on the case was old. I realized it was gone when I got to the other side. Well I saw the cars coming, I debated going and getting it but decided getting hit by a car was not worth it. I watched that phone, and prayed, but a car ran over it anyway, the screen was cracked badly. I bought a replacement screen and repaired it but those screens are not as good as the original. Since then its dropped a few times on the sidewalk because I never replaced the phone case with the bad velcro tab. So I have a badly scratched iPhone 4. My budget has loosened up in the last year so I can get a new one.

The iPhone works well for me because I have a mac and everything syncs and communicates better. Also, I like the way it works in terms of apps. Also, even though the Samsung screens are bigger the reviews that I've read rate the iPhone as having the best quality image.

I better get a new iPhone case this time!

14. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My recent phone history is: iPhone 3GS, iphone 4, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, iPhone 5.

I got fed up of having to use both hands to use my phone so I went back to Apple. For me, it's a better size and I don't personally have any issues with going down a screen size. I only really use my phone for Spotify, Facebook, email and light web browsing. iOS is still a more polished OS than Android, primarily because Apple don't have to build it to work on 500 different devices.

15. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'll probably upgrade just because I always seem to do as a spur of the moment decision while I'm walking by the Apple or AT&T store. But what I'd really like to do is give it all up and just carry and old style regular cellphone. No email even. I feel like that would improve my quality of life. It'll never happen though. :cry:

16. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Samsung S4 and HTC One felt big and clunky in my pocket. I'm in the minority in that I prefer the smaller screen size (4-4.3") instead of the larger (5-6")

Funny you mention...just read this today :) http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57602446-1/the-brick-takes-mobile-phones-back-to-the-80s/

17. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the i5 a month ago. I'm a simple phone user. I'm a low-tech guy, not even a facebook page. What I like best about it is the quality of the voice activation, Siri.

I got it because my Lady wanted to get the Samsung Galaxy, so I told her get me what you want as long as it fits in my pocket.

I got accessories on cellphoneshop.com. Cheap stuff, in terms of price and quality, so I got two of each.

18. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last 4 phones for me:

Droid Razzzr
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5

I have 2 elderly parents with flip phones, that coupled with me and my kids upgrade dates and I can upgrade regularly. I missed my iPhone so when Best Buy said they'd give me $200 for my Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5 was $200, it was a very easy decision. I really missed my iPhone.

19. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The NSA's Best Friend

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oSJqBJ1TF-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is us. We each have some Samsung flip phone that is capable of text, internet and all we use it for is to make a very limited number of calls.
    We pay .18 per minute for calls and the $7.00 we pay each month rolls over each month toward phone credits and never expire.

I love Virgin Mobile!:thumbsup:

Working people bitch, we tried to call you but your phone wasn't on. Well we're retired, nothing is that important. If it is, leave a message on the answering machine at home. Yes we still have a land line!:evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.