1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife / gambling the day before comp starts

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Lsucrazyman, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lsucrazyman

Lsucrazyman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayin at aria on a 3 night comp. Since mlife looks at your gamling as a trip total would gamling the day before checkin count as a seperate trip.... I would gamble about the same amount all 4 days

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Shifter answered a similar question a few months ago.
    I could be wrong but I think they count one day before check in toward your trip comps.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    anything within 7 days counts as a single trip. so you could gamble, leave for 3 days, gamble some more and that would still all be one trip. you have to have no action for 7 days before a new trip is started.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree with something along these lines... but I have no inside knowledge.

At CET this would be an issue.

5. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter is right. I even had it apply once where I spent a weekend in Biloxi, went home and then flew to Vegas a few days later. My play at the Beau was showing up at my MGM hotel in Vegas as all being on the same trip. Go figure.

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter is right. A few times I have confused the hell out my hosts and the computers by making a quick gambling run to Tunica a few days before a vegas trip. Flying home from vegas right now and that's exactly what I experienced when I went by the hosts office to ask for my stats from this trip. Eventually, we were able to separate Tunica from the prior weekend from the gambling this trip, but it took a few minutes to figure out

I Need Spa
  7. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's interesting because I've done the same thing (Biloxi straight to Vegas) and didn't hear anything from my host about the 2 trips combining. maybe it happened and he just didn't say anything. but I have done Vegas on back to back weekends with a few days in Lake Las Vegas in between and had the 2 trips combine. but hosts are able to break apart trips manually in the computer system, which is what they do in cases like this where you actually have checked out in between. then they can keep everything separate.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a recent Vegas trip, the host was comping me some tickets up front. He entered the request, bought them, whatever about three weeks in advance. And, it triggered a trip. A trip with ZERO play of course, and it showed me way over comped.

9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it was something the computer did automatically. Twice in the past year hosts have gotten confused by this when they looked up my play. They were always able to separate it, but it always takes a few minutes

I Need Spa
  10. Hawgfan

Hawgfan Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I'm concerned, I am going to Tunica for one night on Labor Day weekend. I'm going to Vegas the next weekend for four days. Both of these are comped trips, but I will be taking 1/20 of the BR to Tunica that I am taking to Vegas. Both are MLife properties. Is this going to cause a problem.

11. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no. why would there be a problem?

12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I'm not sure what your concern is. If you gamble big in Vegas, you will continue to get comps in Vegas. Is there a different concern?

I Need Spa
  13. Hawgfan

Hawgfan Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just concerned that my host (at MB) would be pissed when he saw how little I played in Tunica; since he is the one who arranged the comp at Goldstrike. I guess I just thought he would never see how small the play was.

14. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure how it impacts your decision making, but your host can see that info (your Tunica play) any time he wants. I had my biggest win ever at Tunica two weeks ago and this past week, my MGM host sent me a message congratulating me. I haven't stayed at MGM since June and have no reservations there anytime soon. Nevertheless, he knew about my play in Tunica.

Just a thought, if this situation gives you some concern, stay at a non-MGM hotel in Tunica :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
  15. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're talking about 2 totally different things here. Hosts can always see your play at sister properties. That's how they can comp you upfront never having stayed with them. That has nothing to do with trips combining within 7 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.