1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Open Table reservation at Paris Le Village Buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jgxtrav1, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgxtrav1

jgxtrav1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just found out you can make a FREE OpenTable.com reservation for the Paris Le Village Buffet (Las Vegas) so I went to OpenTable.com and made a reservation for October. It did indicate there that it was "free".

Has anyone done this yet?

If so, is it really free and how does it work once you are there?

Does it really save you from having to go thru the the regular entrance/queue (i.e. you get to use the Platinum (and above) members entrance .... at no extra charge) or what?

Can you use this reservation for entry when doing the 24 Hours of Buffets pass?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use opentable for everything. yes it's free and most restaurants connect with opentable electronically, so the res will be in their computer system. no idea how a res works at a buffet, though.

3. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would assume the reservation would allow you to bypass the line even without the required tier level....otherwise, what would be the point?

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not only that, but some restaurants exclusively use OpenTable for reservations. I know at Bellagio, for example, even if I call the main reservations number, for certain restaurants they're just entering the information into OpenTable for me.

As has been said, though, I've never heard of reservations for a buffet.

5. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't count on it acting as a bypass to the line since most buffets charge extra for that, compared to standard restaurants that offer free reservations. But to be honest I am not sure and is a possibility. I would simply call and ask.

6. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw a sign at the Diamond 7 Star entrance that said open table reservation holders please enter here.

7. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeez, CET is willing to do anything to get you into one of their buffets. Groupons galore, Open Table. What's next?

8. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My last trip I ran into a situation where Yellowtail was out of reservations on open table so I called the reservation line and sweet talked the operator and ended up getting a great reservation. Don't completely give up on making a phone call and trying.

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done that several times. and it doesn't take sweet talking anyone, they just don't put all their slots on opentable for sure.

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yes OpenTable is free to use, it charges the restaurant a fee based on the size of the party for all honored reservations. This thing with the buffet using it must be pretty new. They have the OpenTable widget on their website now and we just went there a couple months ago for brunch and I looked at their website and would've probably noticed it. I use OpenTable all the time and didn't don't remember seeing that widget or ever seeing it listed when I scanned through Vegas restaurants on the app.

Here is my guess - since it doesn't make a lot of sense for a buffet that regularly has long lines to also include a free reservation system whereby you can bypass the line I think this is new and they have just neglected to add a minimum party size. Restaurants can do that on OpenTable (some small popular restaurants over here even add a condition where you need to leave a credit card number!). Some of those Vegas buffets have always allowed reservations only for large groups, it may be the same policy and they just haven't added that into their OpenTable yet.

Looking at it right now they do restrict same-day reservations though. So its possible that is the only limit they intend to set. In which case its a very good option for anyone who can't bypass the line because of tier status. When we went we were able to bypass it but the line was pretty huge.

11. jgxtrav1

jgxtrav1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! That's one of the things I was looking for .... a confirmation of where to enter!

Now .... if only someone would go (using an OpenTable reservation) thru the Diamond 7 Star entrance and verifiy it works (at no charge) .... that would be even better!

12. elbee309

elbee309 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am hoping the Open Table reservation is also a line pass. We'll find out in October - we purchased the Groupon coupon and then made a reservation for 4 through Open Table.

13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, this wasn't a question of giving up; I actually always call directly in advance (I'm not a big fan of making reservations online), and I've never not gotten a reservation or the table I wanted, even where going through main reservations. This was more just passing along the observation that occasionally when I've called the main Bellagio line about an existing reservation, they've told me that they don't know any more than is in the OpenTable listing, because that's what the main line uses to deal with reservations, and that for anything more specific I'd have to call the restaurant. Point being, for restaurants that are using OpenTable, that's just their reservation system (even if not all of their seats are available online) and there's really no downside to making a reservation online as opposed to calling them. But as you said, sometimes if things look like they're not available, a phone call can help.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.