1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo from Airport -- 3 stops!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by RPToro, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPToro

RPToro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking for advice/feedback about the following limo scenario. We're arriving this Sunday night around 8:45 pm:

• Pickup @ airport
    • Stop #1 = The Mirage (VIP Check-in)
    • Stop #2 = Wynn (VIP Check-in)
    • Drop-off = Golden Nugget

How long should we expect to need the limo for? Thanks for any input!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    should be able to be done in under an hour if you're quick but maybe 2. You have VIP check in at Wynn and you're staying at GN?

3. Paulie_D

Paulie_D Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be easily done inside an hour. It's not as though the limo driver is going to check you in or anything.

He'll just let you out, hand your luggage and head off to his next stop.

4. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's the whole point: the limo is going to have to wait while they check in at Mirage and Wynn.

5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you expecting to have the limo wait for check in at the other locations or you just dropping off. Sunday night isnt to bad, but your still going to need 1.5-2 hours

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is like a game show question... my guess would be in the 2 hour neighborhood as well.

7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would drop at Wynn, head over to Mirage, back to Wynn for the pickup, back to Mirage for the pickup, and head over to the Nugget.

I would also tip up front.

And, I would not schedule the limo since the time starts the moment you land.

8. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah I totally missed it. There's multiple people staying at these different places. I just assumed he was checking in at each of these places to pick up comps and things. If you're just dropping off people at each location I think you can do it in an hour easy.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the same as you!

10. RPToro

RPToro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's actually a bit of a combo...

4 people - 2 staying Mirage, 2 staying at Wynn. Check-in at Mirage, limo waits. Check-in at Wynn, limo waits. Limo takes all 4 of us to Golden Nugget.

I booked with Presidential (I've used them successfully in the past) and asked for an estimate. They changed my 1-hour reservation to 1.5 hours, so hopefully that's what it'll take..?

Thanks for all the feedback!

11. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wrote a reply just after you posted this morning and my computer lost it's wifi signal and I couldn't post it. I also estimated that it would take over an hour and thought that you must have to hire in hour increments. If you reserve a limo with a guy holding a sign with your name on it, the clock starts running when your plane lands, continues to run while you get off the plane and walk to the baggage area, and while you are waiting. That could at times take up an hour. I would get my luggage, walk out the "Ground Transportation" and hire a limo.

If they have to wait for check in, traffic, even on alternative routes, the trip has to be over an hour.....the WAX takes about 30 from the NYNY to downtown using I15 so dropping off folks at 2 locations on the Strip, thengoing downtown has to be over an hour. I would figure 2 hours.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Help folks here help you.

Are you dropping people off, and then moving along.
    Going in to check in, then run back out.
    Going to checkin, drop bags with desk, run back out?
    Check in, take bags to room, and then come back out?
    Check in, wait for bags to arrive in room, then come back out?

Lots of different answers depending on what you are doing.

13. RPToro

RPToro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Mirage -- Check-in, bring bags to room, back into limo, drive to Wynn
    At Wynn -- (same) Check-in, bring bags to room, back to limo, drive to GN
    Drop-off at GN

14. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta allow 20 min per stop plus driving time. So 1.5 seems doable

15. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would definitely be quicker to drop off at Wynn and shoot over to Mirage for a drop off and then head back to Wynn to pickup and then back to Mirage to pick up and head downtown.

I have no doubt you could make it in under an hour. But only if you don't book your limo ahead of time.

You'll need two hours if you book ahead of time and plan to wait for check-ins and bag drops.

16. RPToro

RPToro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Due to the way our reservations are "structured", we need the limo to wait for each check-in location. I figured hitting Mirage-Wynn is better than Wynn-Mirage.

So y'all are suggesting NOT booking the limo through Presidential? I've never taken a limo that I did not book in advance. Is that risky? i.e., no availability, higher rate, etc?

17. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't necessarily think that anyone is saying DON'T book Presidential. They're saying that since the clock starts on your hour when your plane lands (and is running while you make your way to baggage and wait for your bag), you will need more time by doing it that way. If you wait until your bags arrive and THEN head over to the limos and grab one, you might have a chance of doing everything in a hour (or hour and a half or whatever).

There are always plenty of limos waiting for fares. Usually they're a few bucks cheaper than booking in advance. The downside of doing it that way is that you won't have someone waiting with your name on a sign ready to help you with your bags. I suppose there's also a slight chance the type of limo you want isn't available and you either have to pay more for a bigger one or make due with a smaller one or wait for the one you want to return.

So, if time (or rather $) is the most important thing, don't book ahead of time. If you don't mind paying for an extra half hour and would rather KNOW you'll get the exact limo you want and have someone to help with your bags, go ahead and book Presidential.

18. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1:30 should be enough time, but obviously stuff can happen.

I think you are very safe to get to Mirage/Wynn in that time period. If the time runs out it will occur during Wynn Checkin or on the way to GN. So worst case is one of 2 options

1) You have to pay for more time assuming it is possible
    2) You are done with the limo at Wynn and simply take a cab to GN after checkin at Wynn.

Again I still think 1:30 is very doable, just a matter of how perfect you need everything to go. If a 20 minute extra delay checking in at Mirage is going to screw up something, just have an idea for a backup plan.

On getting a limo at the airport vs reservations. I have only gone with a limo twice and both times were just at the airport with no reservation. I had no issues taking a cab though if one wasn't available. I also was ok with a sedan or the smallest limo. This just goes back to how perfect you want this to go. If you don't want to worry about anything, reserve it ahead of time like you already did and just accept the fact that it might go a little over if it start getting closer to 2 hours. A low chance, but not impossible.

19. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it may be easier to hit Wynn first since it's on the airport side and you can avoid the strip traffic. Then bounce over to Mirage via the strip afterwards. But, I don't think it will save you a lot of time... maybe 5 minute difference the other way.

I have used Presidential twice. They were excellent. I didn't care for walking to the lot where the limo was parked, but that's not really anything that they can help. But, we had more luggage than the driver's could ever carry so having them meet us in the baggage claim was useless. I would have rather had him on the curb with the car waiting for us to arrive.

Now I simply take the limo exit from baggage claim, walk up to the limo I want to take and ask them for a price and tell them my plan (I usually make a few stops for water, etc). I've only ever had one issue, when one driver tried to claim he was there first and therefore deserved the fare. I let the drivers duke it out.

And, it's cheaper than pre-arranging. I don't need the cheap champagne and roses for the ladies. If I'm planning to get one on the way back, I'll arrange that at the hotel with the valet.

Never had issues doing it this way.

20. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    limo

This is what I tell everyone. Tell them to come get you at 30 minutes after your flight lands. Most of the time the driver will be there anyways. I would say to be safe, go with hour and half. The lines shouldn't be long, but the biggest issue will be parking at said hotels. They will let you drop off, but the limo will have to go around the corner and wait, unless one person is in the car and you communicate. Also, will you be running the bags up to room, or leaving them at bell desk. Lots of variables on timing.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.