1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Terminal 3

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by tatterdema, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what do people think of T-3 at McCarran? I flew in and out of it for the first time this week, and am pretty impressed. Just a few steps outside the door for the car rental shuttle. Short walk from my gate (E14) to the baggage claim. Open and airy atmosphere. Quick security. Nice smoking lounge, where you can even order a drink through a small window from the connected restaurant.

A couple of downfalls was the car rental bus drops you off in the beating down sun. They could use some sort of cover. By the time I get to the airport to come home, I am done with sun, and seeking shade and air conditioning. There is a general lack of seating through out, mostly in baggage claim. Not many restaurant or retail shops. That's pretty minor, compared to the good things, and probably will be ironed out in the long run.

It was nice enough that I will take it into consideration when deciding whether to fly Alaska or Southwest, especially in the winter when I don't check a bag.

2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say this is one of the better terminals in the States since it's modern, rather clean, and airy. I still prefer SFO's int'l terminal though.

3. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has the car rental pickup area been moved at Terminal 3? The one time I took the tram from the D gates to Terminal 3, you had to walk at least a quarter mile to get to the bus pickup area. The one bus that was there saw me walking toward it but the guy took off anyway. Took at least 15 minutes for another bus to come by. (No waiting busses like at Terminal 1) Since I only bring carry-on, since that experience, I take the Tram to Terminal 1 instead..

4. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a bus waiting when I walked out of the building. I came down the escalators, straight out the door, and the bus was waiting on the left. Maybe 25-30 feet. As soon as I got on, the bus left, and another one was waiting behind it. Not sure where the tram is.....

5. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Flew United this trip and Terminal 3 experience was great just like yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.