1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carnevino?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by russtcb, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russtcb

russtcb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did a search and couldn't find a thread on this place. Has anyone eaten here? If so, what are your thoughts?

I ate at Gordon Ramsay Steak last time and LOVED IT but a friend really wants to go to Carnevino this time so I'm hoping to get some thoughts.

2. kidrice

kidrice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just at Carnevino. We had the ribeye for two. It was good, but thats it. I wouldn't go back. To me, the StripHouse, StripSteak, and Delmonicos were better.

3. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't had one of the riservas, just the steaks on the regular menu...

I thought it was good, maybe even very good, but not close to one of the best steaks (or sides, apps, salads or desserts for that matter) I've had in Vegas. The service was excellent though, as was the music (blues and bluesy rock 'n' roll one night and good 60's-70's rock the other).

5. russtcb

russtcb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the thoughts everyone. To be honest, I'm trying to convince our friend to go elsewhere and I've just been building a case lol.

I'll check out that other thread to help build me argument :)

6. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was not impressed and would not go back. Prime is the best restaurant on Earth.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many better choices than Carnevino.

Last June we had absolutely the worst dining experience ever.
    Not just the worst in Vegas but the worst anywhere.
    Rude waiters, bad service, poorly prepared food, side dishes never delivered, the list goes on.
    Plus the music was so loud our group of 8 could barely carry on a conversation.
    Just don't go!!
    Better options for steak:

Cut
    Prime
    Craftsteak
    Jean George
    Gordon Ramsey

8. russtcb

russtcb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again, I greatly appreciate all the input. The friend in question is a culinary student and I guess what she's after is the best dry aged steak she can find. As I said before, I've eaten at Ramsey Steak and loved it. They do offer dry aged although I didn't have that last time. Maybe I'll try to convince her to switch to Ramsay.

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never had bad service at Carnevino and I've been there 4 times. The sides were always great, as were the appetizers. Twice the steaks were amazing, once overcooked a little and once it was very good but not great. If you're a dry aged steak fan I think it's a must go to.

10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately is seems like its either a hit or miss which its a shame. I never had a bad experience but only been twice but both times the food and service has been impeccable.
    I think i been to almost all steakhouses mentioned in this tread except for Ramsey and think Carnevino would be my number one choice. As mentioned if in a mood for a real dry aged steak its a must try.

11. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go if you can afford it. She seems to have her heart set on going. She may find as I did that while the dry aged steak was very good, it was perhaps wasted on me. It's only a meal. If you have a bad one another will be along in a few hours.

12. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craftsteak would be my choice.

My ranking is:
    Craftsteak
    Jean Georges
    Prime
    SW Steakhouse

13. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you plan on ordering the riserva, then go. Otherwise, there are better steakhouses.

14. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard a guy on TV say, "food is just feces in waiting"... that said, I get bummed out when I wanna treat myself and blow the calories and dough for a really nice meal and get disappointed. :cry:

15. russtcb

russtcb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

It's her wedding weekend so we'll all probably go along with what they want to do lol. I just loved Ramsay SO much that I'm almost scared to go elsewhere, that's why I wanted to ask around. This place in particular seems to get wildly varying reviews. Even more so than the usual for the Strip.

16. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My only experience at Carnevino was terrible. Horrible service and food was mediocre at best. My pick is SW.

17. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are into the meal and you feel you are not getting what you should, politely ask to see the manager and explain. At the prices they charge things should be as close to perfect as humanly possible. Sometimes people wait too long to complain and then there's no time to rectify. I would also make them aware of the fact it's a wedding weekend. You might get a free bottle of A-1. :)

18. Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably the worse meal I've ever had in Vegas. Very over priced and with all the other options in Vegas I will never go here again.

19. russtcb

russtcb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread seems to be a mini version of what goes on with Urban Spoon and Yelp for this joint. It's about 50/50 in opinions. Everyone seems to either love it or hate it with no real in between.

20. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does Stack in the Mirage stack up?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.