1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New York New York room advice

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Lenny0612, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lenny0612

Lenny0612 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be staying at the NY/NY for the first time in 6 weeks and was wondering if some rooms are better then others and whats best to ask for?

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what you are looking for.
    If wanting a large bathroom you will have to get one of the much larger rooms as they are mostly the same.
    Do you have a price limit?

3. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly.

That said, there really aren't a lot of variations in the rooms at NYNY. Spa and Marquis "suites" have hot tubs, but they are basically just larger rooms than the standard, which they call Madison Avenue Deluxe, as I recall. Bathrooms are pretty much the same from room to room. Most rooms have at least a partial Strip view in all of those room types.

The only room type to avoid, in my opinion, is the Park Avenue, which is very small.

In terms of room types that are available to anyone (i.e.: not a true whale)., only the Ziggurat is a true suite. Zigs are plenty big, with amenities such as separate living room, in-room hot tub, double sinks in the bath, etc. The decor in a Zig is pretty dated by Vegas standards, though.

4. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in a Zig suite in May of 2011 and the above poster is spot on. Nice layout and plenty of room. Love the large jetted tub. Could use a simple décor change, but overall I would recommend if it fits. Quick elevators and the best part of NYNY is you are never too far from either the floor or the strip. Hopefully you aren't going for the pool though. One of the only negatives in my mind. Have fun.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you at a suite level, or basic room?

6. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the summer, you can go use the MC pool though, which is much better than then NYNY one. But yes, the pool at NYNY is not a destination pool. It's a hole in the ground with a loud roller coaster going overhead.

7. royski69

royski69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at NYNY in their "standard" rooms twice, and had 2 completely different room types.

The first was a very tiny king bed room in the tower with the purple windows overlooking the Excal. It was just OK. Close to the elevators.

The 2nd room was a fantastic corner room with 2 queen beds and lots of windows on 2 sides of the rooms over-looking the strip, MGM, trop, Excal, airport. Long walk from the elevators, though.

Both rooms had traditional, small bathrooms with tub/shower combo.

Talk up the check-in clerk and give them your requests. I got the corner room with the $20 trick and politely stating my requests (high-floor, strip view, lots of windows).

Have fun!

8. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at nyny at least 8 times down through the years but its been at least five years since my last stay since they seem to have tightened up with the comps. that being said, I can't remember which tower is which but want to comment on one room I had. like a poster from above, once I had a corner room with windows facing the strip and to the north. was a fantastic room with a great view. I would recommend a corner room.

todd

9. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this true? You can use Monte's pool if you are staying at NYNY?

(Come to think of it, I saved my Aria room keys from my trip there in May so I'll just go back to that pool if I don't like the one at NYNY. :beer:)

10. Lenny0612

Lenny0612 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the info, Ill try to get into a corner room

11. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You used to be able to do that. I'm here right now and I'll ask to reconfirm.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.