1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

News article about the Xpress high speed train

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by travelfiend, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta be honest... I'm normally a big proponent of investment in infrastructure, construction, building and "new-fangled stuff", but this one leaves me lacking.

3. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just wish they would build it so my stock will go up!!!!!!!

4. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it is funny that Article said Victorville was 80 miles from LA and Palmdale was 50 miles closer when the reality is Victorville is northwest of LA and Palmdale is north-northwest of LA and both of them have a massive mountain range to cross to get to LA and Victorville is actually on the way to LV while Palmdale is pretty much not on the way to LV

and google earth has Victorville 63 miles from LA as the crow flies and Palmdale 36......and really there is no gain of any type for getting the train to Palmdale instead of Victorville for the vast majority of LA residents.......just stupid planning after stupid planning

and the reality is they could spend a TON less money upgrading the EXISTING rail lines from LA to LV to carry 100 mph passenger trains (which existed in the USA in the freaking 20th century)

even parts of the northeast corridor run 125+ on standard rails and could go faster if the idiots that designed the cars and tracks had actually talked to each other

hell Denver to Chicago had speeds up to 125 mph in 1934.....then "safety" came along and here we are with passenger rail that is pretty much dead and the Southwest Chief is LOSING speed as auto stop systems are retired

if they would just upgrade the existing tracks, install proper signaling and some new and longer side tracks there could be 100 mph train service for most of the way from LA to Vegas, but like everything now in the USA there is such an obsession with the "latest and greatest" that there ends up being a huge bag of nothing instead of just a really decent something....or better yet a really really really massively over priced pile of crap that comes in WAY WAY WAY below expectations and pretty much can't be upgraded on fixed so we get to live with it!!!

5. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you own stock in harry rieds bank account?

6. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This isnt the same project I have stock in. My mistake

7. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

actually failing to own stock in anything having to do with this project is not a mistake it is good investing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.