1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

After Garth ???

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by boboswisher, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm really curious to see what's going to go into Wynn once Garth is finished there. Does anyone know? Any rumours or speculation??

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been wondering too, in fact I thought Garth was done other than a very few one-time performances. I wish they'd get a good show in there other than LeReve:rolleyes2:

3. pompous

pompous Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me in as wondering the same and wishing for more than LeReve.

4. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The brilliance of getting Garth is that he took time out at the top of his game by choice. It wasn't the case of a career fizzling out and in dire need of a comeback. Hence, the massive appeal and demand for tickets. I'm hard pressed to think of another entertainer with that sort of similar situation.

5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no clue who could replace him, late last year there were plenty of billy joel rumors but nothing came of it

He would be a nice fit for the older wynn crowd with money thats for sure

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or how about Fleetwood Mac on a regular basis. How cool would that be? Or as a real stretch, how about AC/DC? :drunk:

7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year there were rumours of Billy Joel having a limited run but that seems
    to have fizzled out.

Fleetwood Mac would be fantastic. We saw them at MGM a few years back
    and they were great. Wynncore probably wants to go with something a little more short-run and intimate like "An evening with..."

8. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Lionel Richie would be good in Vegas.

9. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at a MILFe property a few years ago and they were so desperate to give away tickets to Lionel Richie's show they ran a promotion where they would give you a pair of tickets for racking up some points on your MILFe card.

It's hard to generate enough money in that space for an entire arena rock band to be satisfied (The Eagles, U2, The Rolling Bones).

Billy Joel puts on a great show (or at least he did 20 years ago) but I'm not sure he could physically or mentally pull of an extended gig.

Paul McCartney would sell tickets but I can't see him doing an extended Vegas gig.

Perhaps Bruce Springsteen could ditch the E Street band once again and go in unplugged, but the billionaire may not like the perception of playing for "The Common Man" at the Wynn.

Not sure Jon Bon Jovi can pull something like this off. I don't think there are big enough viable musical options to fill the shoes of Garth Brooks, in terms of broad support at a high price level.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.