1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Seating advice for Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by wishman35, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking for some advice for any of you who have gone or who have been in this theatre before (not sure if they completely redid the layout). What sections would you recommend. I think my budget sits in the purple sections, plus I would like an aisle so I am thinking the upper/200 section. Has anyone seen the show/have any advice as to the certain sections that are okay or to avoid?

[​IMG]

2. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Lion King in this theater and sat in 205 in the green section, aisle seat close to the exits (the big gaps on the map). It was only ok. Obviously off to the side. If you're picking purple, I'd go with 203 being center. Try as low as you can go. It's still a fair ways from the stage. I would have been in the first green row in 205 and felt kinda far away, although I did cheap out on the tix. I would pick the purple sides if you can get in the first few rows. The side angle would be offset by the close ups.

3. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from watching the show and sat in Section 201, JJ 113.

I actually don't think I would like to be any closer than that. Maybe a few rows forward, but definitely in the 200s. So much goes on that you need to be a bit farther back to take it all in. Even in row JJ, I still found myself slightly dizzy as my eyes darted from one place to another trying to see it all.

From my seat, I had no problems with the stage being blocked by the wall at the side of the stage. Yes, I lost a little bit of the backdrop on the far left and saw very slightly behind the stage on the far right, but overall an excellent view. There is only one time in the show where there was live action interacting with projection and so my view for that was very slightly off.

I would not sit on the side sections in seats 1-8 or maybe even 9. It still won't be that bad, but around there, the wall at the edge of the stage start to obstruct your view upstage on the left.

The ideal seat will be in section 203 in the first few rows in the pink pricing category.

4. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was JJ to far to see the hologram clearly? How about the paparazzi people in the beginning, do they come in the 200's and interact at all? I am deciding between the below seats. Its $11/ticket more to sit on the aisle closest to center in 101. Is it really too close, or do you just feel more part of the action going on around you?

Section 101
    Row P
    Seat 13, 14 Adult

Section 204
    Row HH
    Seat 1, 2 (aisle closest to 203)

I just dont want to be too far to see everything clearly. I guess I just dont know the scale of the theater

5. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to be surrounded by the action, then you want to be down in the 100s. For only $11 more, I would go for the 101. It should be far back enough and you're at a slight angle which will help you see it all in front of you.

The paparazzi seemed to stay down in the 100s. They did come up to the middle walkway area between the 100s and 200s, but not past that (unless they did the first 10 minutes).

The whole show happens on stage, on the sides of the theater in the 100s, in the aisles of the 100s, and along the middle walkway between 100s and 200s.

Oh, I guess another reason for sitting in the 100s is you see the stage from a much lower angle so the trap doors won't be as evident to you. From the mid-200s, I was able to see all the trap doors opening and closing (which I enjoy seeing) and also can pretty much figure out how the hologram is done.

6. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice!! :nworthy: Any advantage to being in either 101 or 103? I can have row P in either.

7. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a stage door that comes out of the wall on the left. So if you're in 101, you would be closer to that. Cast members pop in and out of that door somewhat often, so you'd be closer to that. They tend to not make entrances on the right side (I don't remember if there is a door there as well, but the left door is definitely used more often). But besides that, the show is pretty much symmetrical and focuses right at center.

So then the question becomes, would you rather be close to the door (101) or would you rather already be looking in that direction (103) so you don't miss people coming out the door and don't have to move your attention back and forth from the stage?

I think you'll be fine with whichever you choose. I am going to go ahead and say you are now overthinking it. =D

8. blizzard96

blizzard96 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in the front center of the upper deck section and could see everything great but wished I was in the lower seats for the papparazzi folks and more of the characters flying overhead..I could see the hologram ok but was small from my seats and they were pretty good ones in the second level. I'd go for lower level seats next time near the aisles for sure.

9. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha - agreed, but when we are paying full price and over $300, I just want to make sure I won't be disappointed with the seat choice.

I ended up buying 101 row P last night. I think I will be happy with them :)

Thanks for the advice and I look forward to seeing the show!

10. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just bought 101 Row Q today (mainly because we could get an aisle seat and my husband REALLY likes aisle seats).

Thanks to everyone who chimed in with advice on this thread, it was very helpful as I was purchasing. Cant wait for the show in a couple weeks!

11. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are my section 205, row PP seats going to be totally brutal ??

12. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not at all. I sat in 205 for Lion King and it's just a bit to the side and a lil far from the stage, that's all. Still a seat in the theater although there are better seats but these were cheaper, right? Perhaps the distance works better for a Cirque show where it's better to sit back to see everything on stage. Different when it's just say 2 actors on stage you're watching. You'll have a good time, enjoy!

13. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, DBear. I'm really looking forward to it, and, yes, these were comparatively very inexpensive seats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.