1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dinner- $100 per or less

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Suekel, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all. On our upcoming trip, we are going with a friend who is younger and on a tighter budget than we are. She wants to do one nicer dinner, and I know she will want to pay her own way. (As opposed to our treating). Her budget is $100 (for her portion), ideally that would include a drink or glass of wine.

Should I even bother considering anywhere besides Mon Ami Gabi? I know that is a good place in that price range.

We are staying at Ballys and we are going to Mandarin Bar afterward for a cocktail as the sun sets, so ideally we'd stay in the general area around Flamingo/LV Blvd. I saw Beeejay's good review of Bally's steakhouse - any chance of eating there within that price range?

2. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At $100/person, you have a lot more options than Mon Ami Gabi or Bally's Steakhouse. If you're on your way to Mandarin Bar, I think there are plenty of good options at both Cosmo and Aria. Comme Ca had OK service, good food, and a great view from the deck; Milos had great food, service, and also a view. Those are my firsthand experiences at the "nicer" places at Cosmo, but I've heard good things about Jaleo (Cosmo) and Julian Serrano (Aria).

3. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on what she orders, of course, but you can get a nice meal at Eiffel Tower restaurant at Paris for around $100, I think.

Todd English's Olives at Bellagio would be in that range too, and probably less for lunch.

And you can also mitigate the overall pricing a bit by going somewhere that would serve the food family style, such as Yellowtail at Bellagio, Jose Andres at Cosmopolitan or Beijing Noodle No. 9 at Caesars.

4. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great suggestions that had not even occurred to me, thanks so much!! Olives would be great if we could get a fountain view. One constraint will be my husband, who will not pack pants, so it will have to be somewhere he can go in nice pleated shorts, a collared shirt and docksiders.

Additional suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated!

5. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eiffel Tower restaurant would be a no-go, then. But you'd be fine at Olives, Yellowtail or Beijing Noodle in shorts. Not 100% sure about either of Jose Andres' places, but I'm guessing that casual attire would be OK there too, especially in summertime.

One other suggestion is Serendipity 3 outside Caesars. It's not gourmet food, but the dishes are all quite fun and inventive.

6. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

one way to eat well for less is the businessmans lunch at palm steakhouse in forum shops. a steak or a fish option, maybe pasta as well, salad and bread basket and the fried onion/homemade potato chips family style, and then a dessert. with drinks added it can add up, but with the fact that a las vegas trip can mess up meal schedules, a 2 pm or so dinner at lunch time can happen, and be had for 50 bucks less than the same meal at the same place a few hours later.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's Steakhouse would work well with her budget. And they usually are at Tix4Dinner for an additional discount. Sometimes they are also in some of the CET funbooks but it's not consistent and it's not for every hotel's book. Another idea at Paris would be Le Provencal. I think the price points are similar to MAG but it will be a bit less hectic and it's a more Mediterranean approach.

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could eat nearly anywhere at that price. Except maybe the tip top tier steakhouses. Also a lot of the places have a prie fix meal or an early bird meal and it's usually a great deal. Like $45 or something.

I liked Julian Serrano at Aria, it's tapas so you can order as much or as little as you like. Also Comme Ca and Holstiens (just burgers, but it's good!) at Cosmo are very good.

9. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again for the additional suggestions. We've eaten at Holsteins, agree it was very good, but are envisioning something a little fancier for this. I know my husband would prefer somewhere he can have steak (he's a little intimidated by "fancy unfamiliar" food), but I think I could convice him to try just about anything. I like the suggestions of tapas, since you can share and try lots of different things. I'll also check into the Prix Fixe options, another great idea. I'd LOVE to they the Cut of the Week at Charlie Palmer, but think it would require nicer attire than we'll have with us.

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I'm 66 and I have never had a $100 meal! Does it all come on one plate? Lol

Jimbo338

11. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano is very good, and our meal for four was around $300 the last time I was there, and that was with at least one drink per person. It was all good, but I recommend the scallops and the sliders.

12. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mmmmmm I love scallops. I need to sell this idea to husband and the friend.

ETA - Oh boy oh boy! Just checked out the Julian Serrano menu, and they have an early dining tasting menu that sounds really good for only $39!! You can add wine pairings for just $19. Since we want to be at Mandarin Bar before sunset, which is 8, we'd probably be eating early, around 6 or 6:30 (no, I am not a senior citizen yet, although my husband did get his AARP card a couple years ago, ha ha.)

Does anyone know if you can add another plate (aka seared scallops) and still do the tasting menu?

13. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't see why not. We ordered just another plate of scallops after we had our entire meal. They're small plates...just 3 jumbo scallops.

14. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano is a great choice. I've been there with a big group that included females from ages 20 to 85 and they all loved it. And the meat-loving nephew who sometimes complains about portion sizing at tapas restaurants was happy with his meal too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.