1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA drink coupons needed.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just realized I am out of SWA drink coupons and still have 5 more trips planned for this year.

Anybody want to sell any at a reasonable price? PM me if you do.

Thanks!

2. lmw32

lmw32 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    joe, I can't send pm. I can receive pm but not send them for some reason.email me at [email protected] if you want 8 drink coupons for free. laura in oak creek.

3. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a question about Southwest's drink tickets ~ our names are printed on them. Does that make a difference when used?

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently not, I get them through-out the year and have never used them myself... those that have used them have never told me of an issue?

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smartone is correct, they never check and I sometimes wonder why they even add the name.

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never understood these drink coupons. Wouldn't it just be way easier and cheaper to bring your own drinks on the plane?

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife fills up the quart-size baggie with the minis for herself, but I like wine and at 3 oz each, it takes a few bottles to make a glass of wine. I have considered refilling her minis with wine. But haven't so far.

Principals come into play. Yes, I'm playing $5 per hand at VP and a drink on the plane is only $5, but it is just the principal of the entire thing. I know, hard for some people to understand my logic, but that's OK. We are both retired and we watch our outlays in some areas and piss it away in others. Airline drinks is not one of the areas we like spending money.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  8. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes sense to me.

You shouldn't feel like you have to explain/justify saving money; or better yet- not wasting money. You probably work hard for your money. Demand value when you spend it.

9. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to thread-crap your post here, but was wondering how one gets these SWA drink coupons.

We have the SWA Chase CC, spend about $5k a month and pay it off every month. Gets us a lot of miles, but I have never gotten drink coupons. Do they come on the yearly anniversary or something?

I just was wondering cuz I would hate to inadvertently throw them away.

10. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About to take my first SW flight as they are the only direct option. Can you actually bring your own small bottles on the plane? I had a friend give me some drink tickets but only 4. Not to sound like a booze hound but that won't hold me round trip at 4.5 hour each. If I can bring my own vodka I can get the free OJ and screwdrive my way there. I can save the drink tickets for the return when I will be licking my wounds and wanting anything free.

I normally fly first class just for the free booze and line-free bathrooms. I'm a bit concerned about this long, dry flight.

11. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FAA prohibits passengers from bringing in their own bottles and serving themselves.

12. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are two ways of getting drink coupons from Southwest directly:
    1. Purchase a Business Select ticket.
    2. Fly TEN one-way (5 round-trip) flights in a calendar year.

13. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

You can also get the SWA drink tickets if you have an SWA - Visa CC. Then, on the yearly anniversary of your card, they will send out 4 drink tickets.

14. 1BETSY1

1BETSY1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the coupons have experation dates?

15. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also get your coupons from your neighbor and hopefully he's a pilot--Which he is..:beer::beer::beer:

I love Southwest.............:beer:

16. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes we get them during the anniversary date of our Visa but we also got 4 this last February on/around Valentine's Day. It seems there is a pattern but we can't discern what exactly it is......
    Funny about the coupon as it can sometimes be a "cover charge" for the flight. I usually (?) order a beer. If the length of flight allows I will order another. The first one I order as I produce the coupon and hand it to the attendant as she writes down what seat and what drink. Later in the flight, as the attendant passes through the cabin collecting empties or trash; handing out peanuts, etc. I will ask for another drink and MANY times (but not all) she will return and just hand off the drink. Only once or twice has she / he stood in the aisle and waited for the second coupon.
    Not sure how it is all accounted for at the end of the day but it adds up fine on our end. Haven't tried a 3rd or 4th yet but 2:1 is good enough if it works.....Have seen others offer credit card or cash upon 2nd order and they return after accessing the little "machine" to record the purchase.
    Anyone else notice this?

17. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our last three flights they neglected to take the coupons or even charge us. They brought one round over and said, "enjoy these are on the flight attendants."

18. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe against FAA rules, but the TSA doesn't care. My wife does it all the time with 2 or 3 minis in the one quart baggie. On the plane she orders a can of soda and two cups of ice.

Now you have to be discrete on when you pour the drink. Don't do it when a FA can see you!:poke:

19. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you know the difference between the FAA and TSA. It doesn't matter if the TSA doesn't care, since the FAA is the one that sets the rules. If a air marshal were to see you pour your own drinks, they can legally arrest you.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library%5CrgFAR.nsf/0/4169CCE6717F88B386256BC9004338B6?OpenDocument

Feel free to pour your own drinks. :)

20. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My point was that they easily pass through TSA check points.
    In the big picture there are plenty of things to worry about and an air marshall seeing her pour a drink is not one of them!!:poke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.