1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

read the fine print!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by sapphirevegas, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got an e-mail form NYNY today. I am a CET girl, and only play a little at MGM properties. I heve never gotten comp rooms at MGM props. The mail was for two comped nights, only on very limited days, or $29 or $49 on some other days. We are staying for 9 days in september and I am getting 5 comped at CET, so I thought maybe do 3 nights at NYNY. The comp days actually fall during our trip. HOWEVER...I read the fine print, which I never do. LOL.

Here was the fine print...

Comps are based on play during each trip. Room expenses will be deducted from available comp balance; additional complimentaries above this offer may be available based on gaming activities during your visit. While Express Comps™ are to be used at your discretion; this offer may include expected earnings and redemption of your Express Comps. If you choose not to use your Express Comps, components of this offer may change based on your gaming activity. Must be a registered hotel guest to participate in this offer; offer not valid during holidays, is nontransferable, has no cash value and may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Offer is void if sold; does not include alcohol and or gratuity. Management reserves all rights and is not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers.

Sooooo...are they saying it is comped but not comped? WTH?

2. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suggest you call/email to clarify, but I think it is just saying you should leave your Express Comps untouched so they can be used as part of your total comp.

I have seen most of the language before, but a bit confused by "Room expenses will be deducted from available comp balance" statement.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That has always been the wording in offers since they started Express Comps.

The difference between a year or two years ago, and what is going on today, is that in the past, if you went in on an offer like that, and earned some Express Comps, but didn't really play enough to generate enough theo to cover your room rate, they would just kind of bite the bullet and leave your Express Comps alone.

Now, in that scenario, they'll take them.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that wording has been there for a quite some time.

If you are just getting a room, you will be fine.

Part of the reason for the EC wording is that some offers might say something like:

Come see us and get a comped room for 3 nights. You can also spend up to $300 for food based on your current EC balance. Or something like that - and in that case you would use your EC.

Mlife has not been known to change the Corporate Marketing offer after you arrive from what was offered - not matter what your play level is.

5. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also covers their bases in case they get a customer who "no plays" them, stating that they will use any available EC's to cover the costs of the promotion.

6. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok, so same old, "if you are not gambling much, don't touch your ECs - the hotel may want to use those towards the committed comps"

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't gamble much, you won't earn a whole lot of ECs for them to take away anyway.

This language has been in every offer I've ever got from MGM properties and has had zero effect.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what your fine print means:

They are saying that they don't roll over unused comps from previous trips. If you play a lot on a previous trip but don't use any accumulated comps then they are lost.

You start off the trip with a negative "Comp Dollar" balance based on what they expect you to play. Typically all the comps in this offer will make up the entire sum of your negative "Comp Dollar" balance.
    They are going to take the room charges and they will be paid for from this "Comp Dollar" amount.

As you play you may earn more "Comp Dollars" than they give you off the start... if you do then you will be eligible for additional comps.

They reserve the right to use your Express Comps to cover some of your "Comp Dollars" balance at the end of the trip.
    You may choose not to use your comp Express Comps to pay down your Comp Dollars balance, if any, at the end of the trip. If you do so then they reserve the right to change your offer (that pretty much never happens, even if you stiff them and give them no play).

You have to be staying there as a guest to use this offer, its not valid on holidays and you can't give it away or expect a cash compensation if you are unable to use this offer.

You can't sell or give away this offer

Any basic food and beverage component of this offer doesn't include alcohol or tips.

Standard closing point, pretty much means they reserve the right to change or cancel the offer at any time, but as was said: this has been standard for years now and you never really hear of them doing anything... its more there just as a legal protection "just in case" clause

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

That is all correct, the language has always been the same. But - they never used to touch your Express Comps if you underplayed on a trip.

Then they finally had an audit project and started debiting people's ECs for past trips.

And now they do it as a matter of course when you check out or shortly thereafter, as I think has been seen in several posts or threads here.

10. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    interesting... here is the fine print from one of my recent offers on Mlife site - very different language. This offer included suite, resort credit, show tickets, limo. It is a "reusable" offer through end of October.

11. TequilaCat

TequilaCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this information, I have a similar offer from NYNY that we are using in August for 2 comp nights + FP and I was wondering about the fine print. I think we have a whopping $14 in ECs right now, but I am glad to know that the "Comp Balance" and ECs are actually different things. And frankly if they want whatever ECs I have at check out, they can have them, I'm moving over to Aria anyway and I can earn more (that will probably sit there til my next trip) ;)

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those EC's earned at NYNY are valid at Aria as well.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.