1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick LVA/ACG Question

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Not at the table Carlos, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos Cheapskate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These coupons seem to be similar. I have used ACG coupons without trouble in the past. Has anybody ever used both coupons back to back at the same place? For example, use the ACG match play at the Orleans, AND use the LVA match play at the Orleans at the same time. Lots of times you have to go to the Players Club to get the actual match play coupons.

Earl's 21st Trip
  2. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was also wondering about some of those.

Like there is a Magnolia's @ 4Q coupon in each book. The back of the ACG coupon says "strict 1 per month limit". The LVA doesn't have that. So I wonder if one person could use both on different days...

3. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The Orleans ACG matchplay coupon can be used directly at the tables.
    However, the LVA matchplay for the Orleans must be taken to the player's club for a separate MP voucher. If you are uncomfortable using both of them back-to-back, just go to a different table ... the Orleans has lots of table games.

4. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The ACG coupon for Magnolia's must be taken to the player's club, where it is recorded in their computer, and they exchange it for a separate voucher ... and as it is stated on the back as "once per 12 month period" (once per year) ... and they mean it.

However, the LVA coupon for Magnolia's can be taken directly to the diner, and presented right to the cashier ... no computer record, no player ID. We usually use that one about 4 or 5 times, with no problem.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  5. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What if I use one coupon from the ACG for Magnolia's. and my husband uses the other? Will that work?

6. teacher1

teacher1 Low-Roller

Yep, have done it repeatedly.

7. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the best dish to order there? I am only going once and want to try the best thing they offer.

8. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ordered my ACG. It will be my first time using coupons. Planning on using the 2 for 1 Stratosphere Tower that is where my husband proposed to me, so we have to go up there. Also thinking about using the 2 for 1 at Madam Trousseau and 2 for 1 Improv tickets.

9. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering about these too, thanks for posting this thread.

Which do you guys think is better ACG or LVA?
    I primarily stay in downtown, this upcoming trip I'm not bringing my car so ill be sticking to FSE and places I can take the deuce to. what do you guys think? Thanks

10. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say acg is better unless you are using the palms $50 off for something from lva since it is around three times the price of the acg. If they were the same price then LVA is better.

11. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes ... assuming you and your husband have separate player cards. If you both play off the SAME player card account, then the player's club will reject your 2nd attempt of that ACG coupon.

12. TequilaCat

TequilaCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really like the Queens Dip Sandwich, Very yummy. They do have Prime Rib as well, I have heard it is good, but I've never personally ordered it.

13. TequilaCat

TequilaCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The LVA has the coupons that used to be available from the FSE website in it now, so the MSS and Fremont Buffets, and the Pasta Pirate coupon. So that might be a consideration.

Having said that, we usually get the LVA and have used the FSE coupons on every trip, but for our next trip, we actually only got the ACG (x2). I am still considering renewing with LVA, but for this trip I don't know that it will be worth it.

The only way to decide which one (or both) would be best for you is to look at the list of coupons and add up which ones you would reasonably use, and see if it saves you $$$$. GL!!

14. myvegas79

myvegas79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I are going in August and considering getting the ACG book. We did this 4 years ago, will the same match plays that we used then be good with the new coupons? And should we get 2 books so each of us has a coupon for match play? Rooms is comped, so we would basically be using it for match play & bogo buffets.

15. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I might get LVA then. I used to use those FSE coupons every tripx2. Any idea why they stopped?

16. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes, get two of the ACG, as there are about 8 or 9 MP's (depending on how much you are able to get ALL around town). With any luck, those MP's should easily pay for the books. There are also several "free-play" coupons in the ACG ... play through once, and cash out your winning credits.

However, there are NOT many 2/1 buffet coupons in the ACG.

17. myvegas79

myvegas79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see ACG on Amazon from prior years, do any of those coupons work or will only the 2013 version work?

18. teacher1

teacher1 Low-Roller

They expire at the end of each calendar year.

19. myvegas79

myvegas79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! I wondered why they would still sell old versions, but I guess most of the book is just information, and the coupons are just at the end. Guess we'll pick up a couple of 2013 editions.

20. jjprosser

jjprosser Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the books the same price most places or is there a better site to buy from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.