1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris now has free fridges?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by waverunner, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard on another website that Paris did away with the over priced soda, beer, chips, etc. but still have the fridges (like Rio). Has anyone been at Paris recently? Maybe the resort fee should include this instead of the use of the gym or phone. The fee would help pay for the electricity.

2. HolgerKCH

HolgerKCH Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in a standard room last week and that one had a fridge

3. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its about time!

4. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But did the fridge have payable goods, or was it empty?
    I don't know if i can name the site, but one of the posters said "Paris has emptied their minibars, which now means each of the rooms has a mini fridge".

I know some people try to keep a beer cold that they paid at downstairs, and some hotels will allow you to take soda, beer etc. for $25-$35 total (i guess you have to tell housekeeping)? But was curious about Paris.
    The thread was in regards to MGM mini-bars.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fridge in my room was empty. There was no minibar at all compared to Rio where you ave both. I don't know if it's every room in the hotel but I guess a decent number of rooms have fridges. It's not listed as an amenity so I don't want to assume there in every room. For the record I had a blue room on a high floor that had been touched up but not completely remodeled and I am a Platinum.

6. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of my family stayed there in October when I got married. My mom's room and both of my aunt's rooms had (empty) fridges. It was nice for my aunt since she has two kids, they were able to put a few bits and bobs in them for the kiddos.

7. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The mini bars have been empty for at least a year. Works out nice having a fridge to use.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious what this is about?

I am about confused about the statement.

9. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if this is what wave runner meant but Ambassador level with IHG hotels (Intercontinental, Holiday Inn's) let you take some booze on the house. Venetian and Palazzo are partnered with IHG and the mini bar privilege applies to Ambassasors. Used to be able to empty out the mini bar daily but now they've capped it.

10. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, i read the post in the other site about Paris (i have stayed there and may again next year). I was at Rio a few weeks ago and they had 2 fridges, one empty and the other stocked with goods for ridiculous prices.
    The other hotels i have stayed at usually have one, a mini-bar, like Bally's, Paris, the Quad, and Planet Hollywood have had, i assumed that the fridges were stocked but i never opened the door because i would never pay $6 for bag of chips and $8 for a can of soda.
    Since i will be at Caesars in August, i will check it out and see if the "mini-bar" is in place, or if i have an option. The $25-$35 option if you don't use the "mini-bar" was being able to call housekeeping and have them bring a small fridge into the room for a minimal fee.

11. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AS Domeboy stated, the mini bars have been empty for quite a while (I think a few years) but you can utilize the refrigerators to keep your drinks cold.

Works for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.