1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How early can you really check in at MGM

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by steveged, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveged

steveged Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mytrip isnt till Monday July 8, but I will be getting in at 7 AM Vegas time. I know checkin isn't till 3 PM, but is there any possibility they would check me in that early (around 8 AM) on a Monday morning?

If they arent able to check me in, would they at least be able to give me a room key to get into the pool?

Last point, bags. If I wasnt able to check in, but they did give me a key card. Is there a place i would check my bags till the room is ready?

2. catfishncwc

catfishncwc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they have rooms available they will let you check in. The pick of rooms would be limited though at that time.
    As far as your bags just give them the bellmen and they will be able to store the bags for you for free, but tips are accepted I normally tip a dollar a bag.

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just go to the check in when u arrive and ask them. If they cant check u in early they will for sure give u access to the pool and the bell desk will take care of your luggage just like any other hotel in the world would.

4. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked in last Sunday at 9:00am no problem. You can always check your bags at the bell desk. I was surprised to be able to check in that early.
    Mark

5. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet most of the time you could check in by 9 or 10, at the latest...unless it's a holiday weekend, fight weekend, convention weekend, etc., and they're turning over more rooms than normal. If you get rejected, you could always go eat breakfast and come back and try someone else. It's funny how some people show rooms available and some don't :wink2:

6. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they have rooms, they usually are willing to help. Afterall, the sooner you get your room, the sooner you are a happy money-spending customer.

At Harrahs in Atlantic City a couple years ago, I was checking out around 6 am, and a customer was giving the front desk clerk a hard time since she wouldnt let him check in a little before 6 am. She told the guy that she would be more than happy to accomodate him, but he needed to wait until 6 am since that is when the computer system was programmed to allow check-ins.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said... if they have rooms. (and not in a cranky mood)

This is universal in hotels pretty much everywhere. They use 3pm cause they do not want people upset. It gives them time to get rooms cleaned up.

Usually a Monday could be rough, but since the week before was the 4th, maybe people will be heading home by Sunday.

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious about this too because my flight gets in at 11, and I have a big event the night I arrive... I saw this on their website:

http://mgmgrand.com/tools/personalize-your-stay.aspx

I don't think $20 is that bad, especially if you get there that early. Also MGM is a HUGE hotel, I don't think they have a shortage of rooms, especially on a Monday. I'll be there that week too, I paid $39 for my room on Sunday and Monday, I doubt it's super busy at that rate.

9. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's how you make sure you get it if you need it. You pay for it. If you don't want to pay for it, consider it more like space available.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea of course, but I mean it's $20 that isn't terrible.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.