1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thehotel Mandalay bay

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by papason, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I booked the flamingo for a weekend in July for 3 guys (low 30s) but now I'm second guessing myself.. Looks like we will be cramped in a room. Has anyone stayed in "the suite" at Thehotel? Looks like it would fit us better and we wouldn't be so cramped.. Little concerned about the location as I hear its at the end of the strip away from the action. How's the pool and nightlife in the area?

2. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not knowing what room type you currently have booked at Flamingo, it's a good bet that THESuite room will definitely be nicer. You can get two Queen beds with that room. The separate living area has a couch, but I do not believe it's a sofa sleeper.

Probably a couple hundred additional square feet for that room than what you would get down at the Flamingo.

The location thing isn't that big of a deal as there is the tram at Mandalay that goes to Excalibur and then you could go to the monorail at MGM and get to wherever, whenever.

But it's Las Vegas, you're going to be logging a lot of miles walking around...so I never felt concerns about location was/is a bit overrated

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo is in the middle of the action.

Maybe two rooms?

Keep in mind that most suites at a KING bed.

4. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo has Neapolitan Suites with 2 queens. It is cheaper to upgrade at check-in, but then you running the risk of availability.

5. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called about the Neapolitan today and they have me a quite around 1500 which I don't think it's worth.. What's the possibility upgrading at checkin? 50-100 sandwich?

6. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya, they over charge upfront. $100 for the trip may be good to offer. I arranged an upgrade to an executive suite (pretty much an outdated metropolitan suite, but a little more sq ft) for $75 a night.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea that would work! Their suites have 2 queen beds. The couch isn't a sofa bed though, but you could sleep on it. Or we've gotten a rollaway there before. It is at the end of the strip, but you there is a walkway to Luxor and Excalibur, then from there it's easy to access MGM and NYNY, but you can always take a cab. It's a good resort and there is a lot to see there.

Nothing at Flamingo is worth $1500. ever. Nothing is worth $150 at Flamingo.

If you are looking for a better location check Planet Hollywood. Good walkable place, and good for a group of guys.

Still the best option is 2 rooms...

If you give us your dates and budget we can give you a better idea :)

8. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    July 18-22

9. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wouldn't want to go over $1000 after all fees

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a few ideas of 2 rooms you could get, I just think for the money you would be better served in 2 rooms versus one suite, this way everybody gets a bed and you have 2 bathrooms:

Luxor, you can do 2 tower rooms. (those are nice and upgraded), $906 with all taxes and fees. A bit less if you get Pyramid rooms.

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=LUX&host=promo&show=rates&code=L41713&kbid=1162904&sub=YDYFG!W!L41713

Monte Carlo (good location)
    2 rooms $884
    https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=MCH&host=promo&show=rates&code=S1APR22&kbid=1162904&sub=YDYFG!W!S1APR22

MGM $1074, with $75 resort credit for each room (slightly over your budget, but the nicest property)
    2 rooms, strip view
    https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=001&host=promo&show=rates&code=MFCBKF13&kbid=1162904&sub=YDYFG!W!MFCBKF13

Or you could always do a suite at Venetian or THEhotel, but that's probably going to be the top of your budget, and someone has to sleep on the couch..

11. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info.. We are leaning towards booking two rooms or just having separate rooms all together... Not in my 20s anymore so I need comfort now lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.