1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ph host inquiries

Discussion in 'Comps' started by easy_money, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all. Before I begin, I'm kind of new to this whole system and board even though I've been gambling for a while. I've been looking around for answers and to gain more knowledge. Let me know if this is the wrong section to post. Thanks for any inputs in advance.

I am going to Vegas end of June for a bachelor party. I am staying at PH in the Boulevard Suite for $400 a night from June 26th till July 1st. (I know this questions is probably off-topic from this section, but is that pricing for the PH BLVD suite reasonable? I could barely find anything on BLVD suite here on this site or anywhere. Information for BLVD suite is scarce.) The host also put in one of the offers I have to receive the $500 Reel Rewards/Game Voucher. Now my question is, what are my obligations to gamble, if any? Since I am paying for the room, is it still considered "COMP"? Also, I just got back from Vegas.. Some background information about this last trip. I stayed at PH. Host offered me a Strip Suite but I took a regular Resort Room instead as I was just by myself. I stayed from May 3rd-6th. I was a PLAT player with tier score of 3223, and then 20K tier score post trip which made me a diamond member now. I played PGP for about 8 hours, playing 2 hands $200-$300 each, so average bet I guess is $500 around. Stats for Sunday were the same as Saturday. I ended up being down $7500 after the whole trip.

The pricing I got for the BLVD suite was prior to this last weekend trip in Vegas. Do you think it's possible for me to ask the host for a lower pricing now for the BLVD suite after this last trip in Vegas? And let's say for my upcoming trip, I charge dinners to the room. How reluctant would the host be to pick up the bill for me? I would be probably gambling around 3-4 hours a day on PGP, 2 hands, $200-$300 each. I also have almost $1000RC in my account, so will the host say no to me and ask me to use RC first?

Would greatly appreciate any inputs. Thanks

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you are truly putting that much time at those bets and you did over 16,000 tier credits last trip i would contact a host.get atleast a room upfront ,if your paying for your room you own them nothing.

they will use you rc to take off food and other crap unless its comped up front then whatever isnt taken off by your rc a host can remove if they feel like you earned it.

thats my 2 cents

3. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely call your host back and get the room compd

4. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the inputs.

5. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is that pricing for the PH BLVD suite reasonable?

I would say yes since it looks to be a premium 2 bedroom suite

I could barely find anything on BLVD suite here on this site or anywhere. Information for BLVD suite is scarce.)

There are tons of pictures if you google "Boulevard Suite Planet Hollywood"

The host also put in one of the offers I have to receive the $500 Reel Rewards/Game Voucher. Now my question is, what are my obligations to gamble?

None whatsoever, offers will simply be lower in the future if you don't play up to previous level

Since I am paying for the room, is it still considered "COMP"?

No

The pricing I got for the BLVD suite was prior to this last weekend trip in Vegas. Do you think it's possible for me to ask the host for a lower pricing now for the BLVD suite after this last trip in Vegas?

Yes, absolutely

And let's say for my upcoming trip, I charge dinners to the room. How reluctant would the host be to pick up the bill for me? I would be probably gambling around 3-4 hours a day on PGP, 2 hands, $200-$300 each. I also have almost $1000RC in my account, so will the host say no to me and ask me to use RC first?

It is always best to use up all RCs every trip since CET hosts simply cannot pick up any food and beverage on a discretionary basis before you have exhausted your RCs. That level of play is sufficient to earn discretionary comps for F&B, although given your situation you might ask for the 2br suite to be comped up front and plan on using the RCs for food this time around since the play requirement on the suite will be substantial.

6. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your time and detailed inputs danky.

7. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Vegas, hosts are supposed to apply your RCs first before taking off other charges using discretionary comps. However, that does not mean CET hosts cannot pick up or not have the authority to take charges off without using your RCs. Rather, it is still possible for them to leave your RCs and still take off charges, though they rather not do that.

Similarly, while CET is more stingy with F& B, it is being granted to low level black chip players on a wider scale than what is being assumed by some of the posts I have read. In other words, hosts at CET are still taking off plenty of food and entertainment charges for so-so players quite regularly.

8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, at Caesars Palace I am getting more f&b picked up as a low black chip player than I do at Bellagio or Aria, and far more than generally is assumed on this board. I don't bother debating those who believe the opposite.

I push Caesars for a lot of favors and for many special perks, but they ALWAYS take my RCs. I suppose if you were a much higher player or if you use very little in the way of F and B comps things might be different, but I eat expensive meals, push hard and leave nothing on the table. I have always been told they cannot leave RCs in your account before applying discretionary comps beyond the room.

9. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is always best to use up all RCs every trip since CET hosts simply cannot pick up any food and beverage on a discretionary basis before you have exhausted your RCs. That level of play is sufficient to earn discretionary comps for F&B, although given your situation you might ask for the 2br suite to be comped up front and plan on using the RCs for food this time around since the play requirement on the suite will be substantial.[/QUOTE]

Use your reward credits first. The host will 100% rape your credits before giving you a thing. My one experience with a host at CP, she took all of my RC and my BF RC before comping a thing. She even took RC to pay for the "free" limo she promised me pre-trip. (I specifically asked her how much the limo would be when she offered it pre-trip and she said nothing) The limo ride was $60 on my bill, and we tipped $30. I could have been longhauled by a cab 3 times for that money! :eek: LOL

Yearly trip
    Part two
  10. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing is, Caesars considers the use of RCs to be a "comp" but if you were used to trying to bank them for future use that can be a rude awakening.

If you are playing at a high enough level to get discretionary comps from CET, which the OP is, I feel you need to forget about banking RCs. You will not get anything further from the host without letting him blow through them each trip.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was told directly by a host ,they will use your rc first then pick up the extras.you can gift them to somebody now like a wife or boyfriend or girlfriend that might be away around it

12. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks. i never even thought about that. appreciate the advice.

13. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this the benefit that you are referring to or is there a way of transferring RCs at a higher amount than the $100/yr mentioned on the website?

14. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I too had this very discussion with my host last week, and we really sat down and talked about CET's system, MLife system, different hotels, hosts and more...

As to this, I had this very question, "Why did you use my RC's to pay for my Shania Twain tickets and meals, and I came home and saw I had like only 60 RC's. I did over $60,000 coin in, and literally did Diamond in two days. Do I not play enough for those discretionary comps?"

Her reply was that my play was fine, very good actually, but policy is to take RC's first and then they can comp up to +/- 30% of your daily theo. (which someone told me this on here a few days before I asked her). She has some latitude and she did even show me my screen, my theo and even admitted to my being a little under comped on occasion, but she also added that there are times she gives me more than my 30%, so it goes back and forth. I am not a greedy PITA and I really don't ask for much, so there is latitude given when necessary, but on occasion I may not may out my 30%

and I'm good with that.

Just ask and know what your daily theo is, and figure 30% of that is roughly +/- what your available comp is with your host.
    If your daily theo is $600, don't go expecting a $400 dinner being comped.

By the way, tips do not come off of RC or comps on room service or any service. Cash only. I got hit with a whole ten bucks on a room service tip, even though you have no choice, it's added to the tab....duh

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It appears to the norm, almost all the time (always some exceptions), that the hosts at CET will use your RCs first.

And, that means, for many of us, no reason to bother with a host.

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive never had tips come off no matter where i played.

room ,food tickets ,but tips i had to pick up

17. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will reiterate that in Vegas, hosts are supposed to take off your RCs first before comping with discretionary comps.

However, to say that a host CANNOT take off charges first without using RCs first is not accurate. Hosts still have some leeway on this.

There have been occasions when I informed my host that I wish that on a particular trip that they not take my RCs as I had plans for those RCs on something else. Reluctantly, my host would agree and left my RCs. But, I rarely make such a request anyway--yet, when I have, they were accommodated.

Having said that, I have become accustomed and have accepted that my RCs will be gone after my charges are comped off. It's expected and is the norm at CET props in Vegas. Non-Vegas props have a lot more leeway as many have allowed me to reserve my RCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.