1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's early check-in, cost?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

Can you please tell me what the cost is for early check-in, around noon on a Wednesday preceding Memorial Weekend?

I'm also going to tip/ask for a room upgrade and complimentary fridge.

Can I combine the total costs into a tip/bribe and come out cheaper?

My first night is comped...but not the others.

Thanks

2. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

$28 when we checked in in March.

3. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My plane is scheduled to get to Vegas by 7am when I go in early June. When I booked my room on Bally's website, there is a section that lets you tell them when you'll be getting in. I think the earliest selection they have is 'Before 9am'. That's the one I selected. I'm not sure if that'll help me get a room earlier.

xman30

4. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's about $20. But what you could do is give the bags to the bellman to hold for a couple of hours, then have some lunch. Come back around 3:30 or so and stand in line till it's about 4 o'clock. Then you can tip the clerk for your upgrade.....and don't forget to tip the bellman after checking in. Just remember to bring your ID, CC, TR card, cash, whatever, when you're in line. It's possible your bribe is enough, but it's not iron clad.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never stayed at Ballys but every time i go and check in early at hotels in Vegas they usually hook it up. If its not possible i just make sure i give them all my info and my cell number so they can call me when my room is ready and let me know were i can pick up my keys so i dont have to check in again. Then i leave my bags at the belldesk and they will bring them up as soon as you get to your room.

Then feel free to gambol or use the pool area until they call u.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately I am from Canada, so my phone will be turned off to avoid roaming...which is very expensive.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is normally great advice except we have supper reservation for around 4:00pm at The Sporting House.

We are thinking of checking in around 11:00am, and would be back around 1:00pm.

I figure for the hassle saved I would just pay the upfront cost.

I know that sometimes on a comp room there is free early check-in...but only our first night is comped.

8. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fair enough. Just pay the early check in fee and then do the sandwich to upgrade which possibly may include a fridge. Bally's has been mostly my home base for many years........you should be fine......EH?

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  9. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, but it all depends on the whim of the individual desk agent you deal with. I cultivated a friendly relationship with one agent at Bally's. I had to finesse her the first time but over the last 2 years she keeps giving me more and I give her more. I have her cell# and call her whenever I need anything. I don't ever ask for too much or try to take advantage and she's always helpful and been a real friend.

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice!

Maybe you an put in a good word for me! :thumbsup:

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a TR member I have never been asked for an early check in fee. I usuall arrive between 10am and 11am. The last trip I took two other couples who were not TR members, they were allowed to check in as will without a fee.

As of this writing only Harrah's has ever asked me for a check in fee. I have stayed at all Caesars props except Rio and IP.

I think you will be fine assuming they have a room, it is a busy weekend.

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was waiting for the Bally's master aka Captain Ron to speak up.

I will be arriving on Thursday morning, so I am not sure if I will beat others in.

On a positive note, I have had a bunch of comp rooms return to my calendar!

p.s. You're going to be at the Flamingo IIRC. We are going to pay to use that pool on Saturday morning, maybe we will see you there.

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you will be fine on Thursday morning. You just reminded me, I need to send you some room pics, I couldnt get them to go thru the PM system, if you PM me your email address I will get them to you.

You are getting close Donny!

14. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't virtually everyone staying at most CET properties a TR member?

At Paris a few weeks ago, they demanded an early check-in fee from me at 2pm. Said it was non-negotiable now. Said I could go stand in line again at 2:30pm and there wouldn't be a fee. LOL. I had them assign me a room and I came back and picked up my keys from the "key pick-up desk" at 3:30pm. My friend, who had a comp room and was standing next to me, got to check-in early without a fee.

15. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And my first night is comped...so I'm hoping no early check-in fee.

16. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Captain, i was at IP in Nov. and the sign said there is a charge for early check in, so i had the bellman hold my bag (i then went to lunch at 1:30. But i didn't show my TR card (before or after). I will be at Rio in a couple of days and if there is a sign (i plan on arriving also at 1:30), i guess i could ask a clerk (who's not checking in/out) if i show my TR card would they waive the fee.
    I realize you haven't stayed at Rio/IP, but i will see if my TR card (before i check in) will make a difference. Then again, i only have a Gold card, maybe they don't waive the fee for us bottom feeders.
    It's not really important to me, i need food in my body at that time, but others who have TR cards and arrive early may benefit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.