1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Steakhouse??

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by freedo, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freedo

freedo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Party of 6, (I am footing the bill) wanted to stay @ $60-70 pp. and still have a great steak and dining experience also. I have found two that look like they might be great choices. The Steakhouse at CC and Smith and Wollensky both look good and had really good reviews. Which one would you choose, or do you have other recommendations. Thanks for the input.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    probaly not in your budget but in nines at the palms guy

3. JAMES WILSON

JAMES WILSON Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive eaten at the stake house at cc and it was very good plus the the meat right there in i guest its a glass refirde and you can see them cut it and where we sitting we could see them cooking it it was 90 dollars for two of us

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont remember N9NE being more expensive then S&W but im not sure. S&W had some really good prime rib, the lamb was very good as well but overall i prefer N9NE. Cant comment on CC since i never went but heard good things.

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much are you going to drink? That has a huge impact on the price. With no drinks, or maybe one round, you can do a lot of different places for $60 to $70 per person. If you're all drinking a lot, that cuts way down on your options. The thing about steakhouses for six is that you can split sides, because they are pretty big, so you actually save a bit on the per person cost.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner for two at N9NE ran me close to $250.

7. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lawry's is outstanding (prime rib)

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not over all morev than s and w but 60 or 70 a person wont realy cut it there ,
    steak around 50 plus ,then apitizer 10 plus and drinks and dessert ,three of us just ate there no drinks 300 $

but it was dam good

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't comment on CC, although it has a good reputation as an old school steakhouse. But S&W is a chain, a very good chain, but you can get it elsewhere. But there is only one Steakhouse at CC, I'd go there.

10. martay

martay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd definitely go with Circus Circus. I eat there every time I am in Las Vegas. In practice, cheaper than S&W, because sides are included at Circus Circus, while S&W is an a la carte place.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of those two, definitely CC Steakhouse... it's very good! Might also consider Golden Steer (Sahara just off LV Blvd) for a great steak and old-school Vegas feel. I think you'd be very surprised.

12. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at S&W in March. Good, but nothing special. Never eaten at CC steakhouse, but heard it is a fun "old time" Vegas experience.

13. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think mine was like 350 for two but the it was very similar to S&W in price what i could remember but we always have at least 1 bottle of wine with our meal. I just assumed that OP already checked out the prices and was not into appetizers, deserts or wine since trying to keep it around 60-70pp.

Keeping it under 60-70 will be very hard for any good steakhouse though if you are drinking and eating more then 1 course. CC seems like a good option if sides are included especially when price is a factor.

14. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico at Venetian maybe, that budget could be pretty difficult to stay in.

15. Nomarian

Nomarian Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CC Steakhouse is your best bet. S&W is good, but you won't get out of there for less than $100 a person.

16. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    freedo - my wife and I ate at P.J Clarke's a couple of weeks ago. Great steak, some fine sides. Our meal included a bottle of wine. We spent $117 + tip. The joint is located in the Forum Shoppes at Caesars. It is a very comfortable, fun room for a group to hang out in. There were several groups of six or more enjoying themselves when we were there on a Thursday evening at 9:30pm. Crowd ranged from younger guys and gals (20'&30's) to middle aged business folk.

Here is a link to the special we took advantage of http://www.pjclarkes.com/steak/ You could easily feed your group for $70 per at P.J. Clarke's.

The steak was very good. We had the Bone-In Delmonico Ribeye. Almost more than we could handle, but we made it through. The desert made my eyes roll back in my head. The bottle of 14 Hands (Columbia Valley) Merlot was great. Hope this helps. Have a great time.

17. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was gonna say the same thing. 2 OBVIOUS possibilties.........either up what ya want to spend at the steakhouse of choice OR do a happy hour somewhere beforehand where drink prices are less expensive than at the dining place and just eat at the steakhouse( with maybe 1 drink).

18. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've done a lot of the high end places but SW at the Wynn is our favorite.

19. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate at S&W a couple weeks ago. My wife and myself. She had a martini and I had a jack and coke.
    We each had the 10oz filet mignon and 1.5lb lobster, with a side of mac and cheese split between us. Should have skipped the side, the entree was MORE than enough.

Grand total was $194 before tip.

Was it good? I grew up on homegrown steaks, T-bones you could cut with a fork. This was better than any steak I'd ever had.

20. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Steakhouse at CC has a happy hour - starting at 4:00, so if you go early you can get some drinks on the cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.