1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Venetian blackjack sidebet question

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Gdicke13, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gdicke13

Gdicke13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying/playing at venetian this June and like to play side bets on blackjack..anyone know if or what sidebets are offered? Looking for match the dealer or perfect pairs...not a fan of CET's 3 card poker side bet...thanks for any info

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have Match the Dealer on their Spanish 21 games.

I'm not sure what they have or even if they have any sidebets on their regular games.

BJ side bets are less common on the strip than other places.

3. flailing

flailing Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only played BJ with side bets on the Palazzo side. They had two variants that I played. One was a bust on the third card only with the card value determining the payout. There were special bonuses for 3 eights. The other one was a straight and flushes variant for the two cards dealt to the player. The player can then determine to include the winnings from that in the original/main BJ bet. Example: player bets $25 on bj and $10 on side bet, player is dealt an Ace King suited, player wins $90 and include that in the original $25 bets for a total $125 ( 10+25+90) which then pays 3 to 2 for the BJ.

4. Gdicke13

Gdicke13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too confusing for my simple brain...anyone know of match the dealer or perfect pairs anywhere else on the strip? Thanks

5. lvmb

lvmb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw side bets at Venetian and Cosmo when I was playing in March. Can't remember exactly what they were I'm afraid.
    I think Cosmo's was a pair based one with a 15-1 payout for a same suit pair, and was a $25 min table.
    I only noticed the because some guy at the table lost a shed load of bets on them while refusing to double ANY hand he should have. Go figure.

6. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never seen Perfect Pairs on the strip, but as the poster above said, Cosmo has the "Pair Square" on most tables.

PP pays 15-1, unsuited pairs pay 10-1 on an 8 deck shoe for a house edge of 9.40% (!!!!!).

I know some NYNY tables have the Lucky Lucky side bet, which is actually one of the better ones, house edge-wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.