1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas: Picnic by the Pool (Monte Carlo)

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Tranzport, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tranzport

Tranzport Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone redeemed this yet? My gf and I both plan on using this award in May. 25,000 LPs doesn't seem like such a bad deal after looking at the MC pool menu. Free admission to the pool, bucket of beer (Bud Light, Budweiser, Bud Light Lime, Corona, Corona Light,Heineken, Heineken Light, Michelob Ultra, Red Stripe, Modelo Especial) and a burger, nachos or flatbread.

My questions to you guys are:

Is it possible to leave the pool with the beers? 12 bottles of beer between the two of us might not be such a good idea, considering she'd MAYBE finish 3 of her beers.

What is a good tip to leave? I value LPs at 1:$1, so I'm thinking $5 each. However, the retail value of this is closer to $45 (which I would never pay).

Any other comments regarding redeeming this reward would be appreciated!

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did it say somewhere that you get 12 bottles in your bucket? I've never heard of a bucket that's more than 5 or 6 bottles. Where did you come up with 12?

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Here's the menu for the Monte Carlo pool
    http://www.montecarlo.com/files/pool_menu_card.pdf?tn=1627

A bucket of beers is $32 and it's 6 beers. Burger is $13, Pizza is $14, Nachos are $12.

So $45 is pretty accurate. Sounds like it's one bucket of beer and one meal. I'd tip accordingly, 20%. Is it a served meal though? Might just be something you go pick up, then you don't need to tip. I don't see why you couldn't take them with you... Vegas allows you to wander around with liquor don't they?

4. Tranzport

Tranzport Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, 6 beers per bucket. I mentioned that both my gf and I would be each using a reward, not one between us.

5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah ok....makes sense. I agree with Heather, you might have a hard time getting INTO the pool area with drinks, but I don't see why you couldn't leave with them.

6. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only thing that you might want to consider is that they open all of the beers at once. Whenever we have had a bucket they pop the caps off all 6 there at the bar.
    The only exception is at the nugget where the MGD comes in twist cap aluminium bottles.

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the many reasons why I love this board. That's an awesome idea. I saw that reward and was thinking I'd probably never drink all those beers. I never thought about taking them out of the pool. I've never seen them stop someone who was taking one drink, not sure if a whole bucket would raise an eyebrow. Might want to bring something to carry them in though since I'm sure the bucket stays. Both the bag and/or backpack that my wife and I use when going to the pool or beach are actually coolers. Neither of them looks like one though so they are great for being inconspicuous. They always check they way in but I've never had a bag checked on the way out.

Also, I haven't looked at the reward. Does it include entry to the pool even if you aren't a guest of the hotel? That would be valuable also.

8. figmentdj

figmentdj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pool admission

called them. You must be a guest at MC or another Mlife hotel. Otherwise its $10pp.

9. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That information sounds fishy. As far as I know under normal circumstances you have to be a guest of Monte Carlo in order to use the pool. Being a guest of another MGM property won't get you in unless that has changed, can someone confirm that any MGM guest can go to the MC pool?

So if that's the case then is the restriction the phone rep is giving you strictly for MyVegas rewards people? If so, that is strange also since you would think that it would be open to anybody (since you are redeeming an award) or you'd fall under the same requirements as non-reward-redeeming pool goers. It would be strange to have a "must be at an MGM hotel" restriction strictly for MyVegas players.

I hate it when phone reps give bad info or the correct answer is so eyebrow raising that you aren't sure whether to believe they know what they are talking about.

10. figmentdj

figmentdj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That info was from the pool manager herself. I told her that myvegas had offers pertaining to her pool and she said as long as they were staying in the hotel or another mlife property there would be no charge to get in. Whether she's being truthful or not I can't say - thats just what she told me.

11. CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting information regarding gaining access to the pool.

Given your original questions I'd say it is possible to leave the pool with the beers but they will most likely all be opened. I've never been stopped from leaving anywhere in Vegas with alcohol, the only time you're stopped is where you're entering a place that serves alcohol and they want to charge you their high prices to drink (clubs, pools, many restaurants let you bring in a single drink).

So you could get 12 beers and drink 6-8 and walk out with the other 4 but they will be opened. You could always ask them to leave a few sealed and maybe you'd get lucky but I wouldn't bank on that.

Also if this is a sit down setup where you order from a waittress I'd think a $10 tip is fair, she's making 1 trip to grab your beer and food and service will likely be similiar to a fast-casual setting. If you pick up at the bar/food stand $5 would be more than plenty in my opinion.

If you know you 2 won't drink 12 beers why not get only 1 voucher and spend those extra LPs elsewhere? The majority of the value in this package is in the 6 beers and you're not going to enjoy them. If it was me I'd get 1 voucher, split the beers and pay for an extra burger... Just a thought.

If you end up going be sure to post back here about it as I'd be interested in hearing all about your experience getting in, the pool and the food! :peace:

12. Tranzport

Tranzport Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason why we want to use two vouchers and not one is because each voucher comes with free admission to the pool (a $10 value). If we can both get in for free with just one voucher then we might consider using only one.

13. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But......if you can't finish all the beers in one sitting it might not be such a bad deal to break it up over 2 days?

14. Tranzport

Tranzport Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That Would be the sensible thing to do. :evillaugh But...it being Vegas...

The way I imagine it going down is: I finish 4 of my beers, my gf drinks 3 of hers, I then power through 1 more of hers....and we each leave with 2 walking beers. But...it being Vegas...

15. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd just cash in one reward and just buy a second meal if you don't really need 12 beers, they are pretty reasonable... or make some friends and share ;)

16. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Free drinks make good Bikini bait!

17. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    His girlfriend will love that.

I would just pay the extra and stay at monte carlo instead of the quad lol...now that would be a decision you won't regret :wink2:

18. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If she's a very good girlfriend she would! The Likelyhood Is even higher in Vegas :thumbsup:

19. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think me and my wife are going to do this while we're out in August. Just have to wait a little while b4 I buy is so that its less than 90 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.