1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question on charging food to room

Discussion in 'Comps' started by critchtc21, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying at Flamingo 5 nights for free besides the fees. Staying in a Fab Room right now but when I called they said they put me down for an upgrade possibility.

If I eat at restaurants on CET properties I understand I can charge to room and have to the possibility of getting some of the meals comped at checkout.

However, since my rooms are free, do I need to play enough to cover the free rooms before I can get into getting my meals comped?

Is there any other benefit of being able to charge meal to room besides possibility of getting comped?

2. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you say you are staying at the Flamingo for 5 nights for free, I am assuming this is an upfront comp or you are using a promotional offer. If this is the case, you do not need to gamble to earn the free room. However, if you don't gamble at all, there is a good chance you won't get those offers again in the future.

Now to answer your question on putting your meals to the room, by all means this is always the best way to go as your play can certainly earn you free meals. There is no other benefit to charge the meals to the room other than convenience. Just remember, tips you give at the places you eat are not comped and are payable at checkout.

3. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if you're booked on a corporate offer instead of host it is my fiirm understanding you will have to play off that room before you will get any additional comps. If that's not the case, I and others are wasting serious comps with a host.

4. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure

Sure make sure at check in u get from desk a little slip with your name and roomnr
    Present that slip with id when you ask for the bill
    Tips are not included
    At end of your stay ask ur host if he or she can comp the food

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can charge back to your room. You can then use your Reward Credits, possibly a host comp, cash or credit card to pay for it at checkout. On my last visit, you only had to show your ID to charge to the room.

As to getting a host to comp stuff off - difficult at CET. You have to use up al your RC's first, and then, maybe.

6. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is from offers I had on Total Rewards site. I do not have a host. I don't see the point unless you're very High Roller and expect certain comps on certain things. Seems you have too much pressure to play if you have a host.

So, is anyone sure about playing off free rooms before building points toward food comps?

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    first thing if you gamble enough to have a host remove anything from your bill they will use your credits first then remove what ever they seem like you earned above that.

8. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not have a host. So, in my situation do I need to still play enough to account for free rooms before I get into free meals?

Also I have $70 dollars worth of dining credit they offered that I am going to use

9. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep thats correct, last time i got my room bill (room and food ) free host took care of it but yes they first use the gathered comp points

10. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    99% chance the only F&B comps you are going to get are going to be your RCs. so just charge everything to your room and at the end of the stay tell them you want to apply your RCs to your bill and you can pay the rest.

11. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen some people post that if you pay your restaurant bill at the restaurant with your RCs then you are not charged the taxes. If you charge the meal to your room and the use your RCs to pay your room bill are those meal taxes removed at check-out or do you end up paying the extra?

12. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If charged to the room at CET props, you pay the extra for taxes.

13. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for clarifying that

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.