1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Disappearing offers?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by seviay, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I logged in to my MLife account about a week ago, and I had the Summer Buzz offer for 3 nights + $100 resort credit. I called last night to book this offer, and the lady on the other end said that my offer for that code was "only 2 nights, Sunday through Thursday, and no resort credit." She put me on hold to confer with her supervisor, and they decided they needed to look into it a bit more and call me back today. No call yet, so I don't know how this will turn out, but here's where it gets even more bizarre...
    I logged in to my MLife account today, and that offer isn't anywhere to be found on my account, whether for 2 nights or the original 3 night + 100 resort credit. What the heck is going on here??
    Has this happened to anyone else? I know they put in disclaimers saying they reserve the right to change or cancel offers, etc., but I've never had anything like this happen. I guess I have no "recourse" if they decide not to honor their original offer, other than staying elsewhere or simply not going. Hm...

2. cardfelon

cardfelon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you get any email from them with the offer in it originally?

3. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In regards to the online offer I have this issue. I have an offer from NYNY that will randomly appear and disappear. I have also had the same thing happen for MBAY. I don't get it at all. I never called on the offer for NYNY to see what they saw in the system. I did call on the MBAY offer after it disappeared online and they did not have it in their system. I don't really get their offers.

4. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like MGM is employing David Copperfield to work his magic making MiLF offers disappear since his show attendance is down.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And you are sure it was a summer offer. The only reason I ask is I too had a Buzz offer that just disappeared on-line - I'm assuming it was because it expired on 4/30/13.

I have had offers show up for a day, then disappear, but when I called - they could see them in their system.

6. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it was the Summer Buzz 2013 offer. I even had the correct code when I read it to her, but when she accessed that code, she only showed the 2 nights, Sunday-Thursday, instead of what I showed on my side.

To answer a prior question, I didn't receive the offer via email. It was just on the MLife website when I logged in. I only sporadically receive emails from resorts, and it seems like I usually have better offers on my account than what I get via email, so I generally just go through the website.

After speaking with a supervisor again yesterday, she said she talked with marketing and they didn't show ever having sent me that offer. Perhaps the genius programmers that develop(ed) their website messed this one up. Who knows?

7. conor9935

conor9935 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Offers seem to appear and vanash on the Mlife site. The site was down yesterday for most of the day. Very odd!!

8. Reverendfig

Reverendfig Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I logged in one day several weeks ago and I also saw that offer. 3 comped nights at MGM with 100 resort credit. Since it was good for the dates I wanted. I booked it. I have confirmation number for 3 nights comped Friday Saturday and Sunday in October. I went back a week later and the offer was gone. I have yet to call an make sure my reservation is still there.

I just checked mlife again and my offers are not what they were last week.

9. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is standard. Once you use an offer once, it disappears...at least, that's been my experience. Maybe others can confirm, though I don't think anyone "knows" what's going on with MLife any more, so it may all be anecdotal

10. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, once you book an offer, it doesn't show on the web site anymore.

11. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What makes me mental is about 1/3 of my offers I click on don't have a "Book this offer" button. Why clutter my page up with offers that I can't use?

12. lvmb

lvmb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here.

I always take a print screen of the offer before I book it.
    That saved me quite a lot of argument when they tried to deny my offer had any F&B element on checkout one trip.

13. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the same thing this time, since their website is unreliable. It didn't help me, unfortunately, since they said they had no record of that offer ever being on my account.

It's an amazing commentary about their system that we feel like we have to take screen caps...:rolleyes2:

14. lvmb

lvmb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the difference is that I'd actually managed to book mine while it was still showing in my account, and they were just trying to deny part if it when I checked out.

I'm so untrusting of their website I usually book while I'm sitting in front of the screen with the offer there!
    You're right- It's pathetic to have to go to those lengths though.

15. conor9935

conor9935 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well at least the site is working again. But yes it seems if you use an offer its then gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.