1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

PHo Pool...Is it as bad as I hear?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sapphirevegas, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been comp shopping on the TR website for our summer trip. The BF has 3 weeks of vacation and I am trying to find the best deal. Choosing from one week in July or one of two weeks in August. The only Caesars property we have not stayed at is PHo. I am in my early 40's and the BF is in his early 50's. I don't care, but he is not too keen on a party pool atmosphere. I have heard that the pool there is pretty crazy, especially on weekends. (We were in Vegas on vaca when someone died at the pool a couple of years ago.) We really like relaxing at the pool for a couple of hours in the am so I don't play slots for 12 hours. LOL

It seems like the best deal so far. $100 pool fb credit, and a king room for $145 for 7 nights. The other option is splitting and booking my 5 free nights at Caesars and booking a room on his card for the last two for a couple hundred. We really liked the pool at Caesars. I have a host there, but don't know if I want to go that route this trip. I am sure I could probably get the whole week comped at least at Forum tower thru her.

So what is the real deal at the PHo pool? And, is it true that you can pool hop at Caesars properties as long as you are a guest for free if we decide we don't like it? We have never tried, but I'm sure I saw it somewhere on their website.

2. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never been to the pool but you can no longer "pool hop". that ended last year :(

Most pools I think women are free and guys pay a small cover......Although that may not be enforced because one trip last year I stayed at paris and used the flamingo pool during the week and was not asked for a room key.

During my july 4th stay they did check keys though.

3. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at Planet Hollywood a few times and the pool is decent. But what's wrong with Caesars? You get 5 free nights plus you love the pool, and you have a host. Maybe i'm missing something. The Planet Hollywood pool is not worth paying extra amounts of money especially if you can get an upgrade to the Palace Tower. You can always spend some time at Planet Hollywood gambling, food, and drink. But save your money by staying at Caesars. I will be staying at Caesars in August.........and i will enjoy the pool for the first time (i'm comped at Caesars).
    There is no need, IMO, to hop around (if you can) to a CET pool other than Caesars (with Flamingo a distant second).

4. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are 2 pools at PH, one is the party pool (to your left after you enter) and the other is much more laid back. My wife and I spent a wonderful afternoon there relaxing, reading, and drinking by the pool a couple of visits ago.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i found it pretty bad been a few times.one main problem the pools where frezzing like 40 degress cold.
    flamingo is hopping if that helps

6. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it will be $348 for the extra days at Caesars. Five free and the extra two will be $348. It was only $145 with a $100 fb credit at the pool at PHo for the whole 7 days. That was a consideration. I think I will email my host and see if she can do better, then go from there. I do really love the pool at Caesars, and the rooms.

7. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would e-mail your host. Let her know that you would prefer to stay at Caesars for the 7 days instead of just 5. I'm sure your host would rather you not switch to Planet Hollywood. She should already know that you have a history at Caesars and willing to perhaps match Planet Hollywood (with the rates) at least half way.
    I will be at Caesars in August comped, i don't know how i got it (i'm Gold), but i took it. Now, looking at the week i'm going, it's over $400 for the week (5 days) and i have no host. Consider me lucky. Call your host, ask her what she could do for the remaining 2 days, and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Your host probably already knows about VMB.........she also knows that infamous quote from Gladiator......"what we do in life, echoes in eternity".....LOL.

8. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I e-mailed her today. We will see how long it takes to hear back. She is apparently the only spanish speaking host at Caesars, (how is that possible) and with cinco de mayo coming up she will surely be busy this week. I only told her what Caesars was offering to see what she could do. If I don't like the terms, I am holding the PHo info in my pocket for now. Never hurts to have something to bargain with. The old ace up the sleeve.

9. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd recommend Paris, if that is an alternative. My wife loves there pool. Last year, the cabanas were reasonably priced & included bottle service. They even let her rent a cabana while staying at the NYNY. It is definitely more reserved.

10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I (both around 40) stayed at PH last year and we were NOT impressed by the pool. One was the party pool with some Bikini contest going on (which would otherwise be great) but it was too crowded and full of skanks and thugs.

The other pool was also fairly packed and was pretty much bare with little that was shaded or interesting. Caesars beats it 100 times over.

12. dodgenburn

dodgenburn Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Planet Hollywood last summer and dislike their pool setup. If you don't find a spot next to the pool to relax, you'll end up in the middle of both pools that lacks of lot of ambiance.

13. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We went to the PH pool a few years ago and immediately walked out. Even at the "quiet" pool, the music was earsplitting!

14. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I heard back from my host yesterday. I pretty much got the big FU. I guess my three trips last year were not enough for Caesars. I only missed diamond by 1500 points last year. I know I am not a High Roller, but I am certainly not a low roller either. Well, at least I got one good trip out of her. Thats ok, I didn't like the pressure of having to "maintain play" anyway.

Funny thing though. When I went online that day to check prices again, my rates had dropped at Caesars the July dates that I gave her down to $235 for 7 nights. I think I am going to keep watching rates and go from there. Maybe something better will come along. Caesars or not.

15. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are looking at splitting comps as well. I may just book 5 free nights at one of the Caesars properties on my card, and book the other 2 nights on the BF's card. It seems to be cheaper that way. I have a "Summertime offer" for a $100 pool FB comp with 5 free nights everywhere but Caesars. I have taken PHo off the table. I like walking thru and playing a little there, but it does seem to be filled with a lot of DB's and ho's.

I am now leaning towards Paris Red room or Flamingo Go room with a strip view. I liked Paris for the location, and the room was really nice. The BF is pushing for Bally's because for some reason he loves their pool. I am spoiled now though and can't stomach the rooms.

Can you tell that I over plan OCD style? LOL

16. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have yet to visit any pools in vegas yet we always bring our swim stuff just in case.

My reply is based on visual experience. There seems to be two sets of pools at PH.

One is visible through the mall (unless that is specifically a mall pool) and the other is a roof top pool which we over looked during our stay last Sept. It was this pool (there were two) that appeared to be very relaxed. Mostly people were hanging out sleeping or sitting on the pools edge. It wasn't very crowded.

HTH as its a bit vague of a response.

17. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool you see from the mall is for guests of Elara only

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.