1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's Questions

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if some of these have been asked and answered already:

1) Do the people movers at Bally's work? I seem to be reading a lot that that they don't seem to work.

2 Pool, what amount of my own beer or hard alcohol can I bring in?

3 Fitness Center. I booked before resort fees. But if I want to use the fitness center it will be cheaper to pay the resort fee than the Fitness Center fee.

I imagine at some time there will not be a Fitness Center fee because everyone will have paid a resort fee.

I'm going on Memorial Weekend. Do you think I can get away without paying to use the Fitness Center? - having the staff think that I paid the resort fee...which I didn't.

4 Which rooms have a mini fridge and coffee maker? I have a standard South Tower Classic room booked. Captn. Ron swears by the North Tower Jr. Suite and the $20 front desk tip. What other rooms have fridge and coffee maker - and do I have to pay for the coffee?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ) Do the people movers at Bally's work? I seem to be reading a lot that that they don't seem to work. SOMETIMES

2 Pool, what amount of my own beer or hard alcohol can I bring in? NONE

3 Fitness Center. I booked before resort fees. But if I want to use the fitness center it will be cheaper to pay the resort fee than the Fitness Center fee.
    NO CLUE IM LAZY AND DONT WORK OUT

I imagine at some time there will not be a Fitness Center fee because everyone will have paid a resort fee.

I'm going on Memorial Weekend. Do you think I can get away without paying to use the Fitness Center? - having the staff think that I paid the resort fee...which I didn't. SEE OTHER POST

4 Which rooms have a mini fridge and coffee maker? I have a standard South Tower Classic room booked. Captn. Ron swears by the North Tower Jr. Suite and the $20 front desk tip. What other rooms have fridge and coffee maker - and do I have to pay for the coffee?

SORRY DONT DRINK COFFE ,AND I BELIVE U CAN HAVE FRIDGE DELIVERD TO YOU ROOM FOR A CHARGE

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    - I don't want to pay. You're lazy...I'm cheap!

2 Pool, what amount of my own beer or hard alcohol can I bring in? NONE - I've heard different from many poster.

4. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    then why ask the question again??

It's probably like most pools in Vegas. Technically you can't bring in any outside beverages, but every day people find a way to...

hint- carrying a big white styrofoam cooler into the pool area 'might' tip them off...;)

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 Pool, what amount of my own beer or hard alcohol can I bring in? NONE - I've heard different from many poster.[/QUOTE]

You have heard that others have had success sneaking drinks in. When you are bending the rules there are no guarantees, there is also no answer to your question. You arent allowed to bring any in, a lot of folks sneak a small amount, obviously the larger amount you try to sneak the risk of being caught increases.

I dont think you will fool anyone at the fitness center, but who knows. The whole resort thing is new and there are bound to be growing pains, whether you can exploit those to your favor is anyones guess.

The coffee question is easy, they give you two per day, I tipped $3 a day to house keeping and asked for extra and she tossed me a few extra per day.

6. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bingo-

and, for the record, even though pouring a full liter of Bacardi Light rum into a Dasani bottle and just buying a couple/three Cokes might seem like a great idea, if you drink the whole thing yourself... the next day will be less than fun...;)

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the coffee, is that in all rooms or just select rooms? I like the idea of tipping for more.

You have heard that others have had success sneaking drinks in. When you are bending the rules there are no guarantees, there is also no answer to your question. You arent allowed to bring any in, a lot of folks sneak a small amount, obviously the larger amount you try to sneak the risk of being caught increases.

I dont think you will fool anyone at the fitness center, but who knows. The whole resort thing is new and there are bound to be growing pains, whether you can exploit those to your favor is anyones guess.

The coffee question is easy, they give you two per day, I tipped $3 a day to house keeping and asked for extra and she tossed me a few extra per day.[/QUOTE]

8. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's another couple of questions:

Drinks at Bally's pool - same price as at Flamingo?
    - do they have the souvenir cups?
    - can you get the 12 for 60 in a cooler of ice like Flamingo?

What is the food selection and price like at the pool (please don't say 'like every other pool', as we have never eaten at the pool before but probably will this time).

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) Do the people movers at Bally's work? I seem to be reading a lot that that they don't seem to work.

Generally, no but it's no big. It's when the escalators and the elevators don't work at the same time that pisses me off.

IDK

If you plan on daily gym use, the resort fee will be cheaper.

I haven't ever gotten a mini fridge. I am sure they are available for a fee and Rio is the only hotel in the chain that appears to have them in every room although Paris has them in some. The North Tower rooms for Diamonds have single cup coffee makers in the bathrooms and the coffee is free.

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

11. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And as I try to piece this together, are those the floors with the jr. Suite?

Thanks!

12. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

13. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Although most pools frown on the idea of bringing in outside drinks Ballys will not hassle you over the practice just as long as there is no glass and it is not a keg. I cannot count how many times I saw people the last 4 trips bring in small coolers filled with alcohol and or water. The only posted rules in Ballys pool is that they do not permit outside alcohol when renting a cabana.

p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.