1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Avicii yes or no

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by schwaiguy, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at Cosmo this Summer.

Would anyone go see Avicii after his performance at the 2nd weekend of Ultra Music Festival? I like his stuff, but I would feel ripped off if I paid $30 to see him have other people play country music.

schwaiguy

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, not unless you want to go to Marquee anyway and would enjoy it either way. If you are specifically going to hear him play and would end up disappointed, then you should wait for another celebrity DJ to play that you know you would get your money's worth from.

I heard them all for free last year lol - I stayed at Aria over Labor Day weekend and had a corner Suite facing close to Marquee and heard them all day and night - Avicii, Cedric Gervais, Kaskade and Martin Solveig (who I ended up seeing in performance a couple of months later at Madison Square Garden when he opened for Madonna).

3. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite a post. First, I don't believe anyone should have to hear anyone else's music. Second, I think for the last 2-3 years, I went to Vegas the Thursday before Memorial Day, but made it a point to leave before the weekend. I"m more of an off-season guy due to happy hours, easy club entry, etc.

Third, that said, I might try this!

schwaiguy

4. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL I didn't even know Martin Solveig opened for Madonna!

5. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just go to EDC

6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He did for a couple of her New York shows and even sang his hit "Hello". She had many different celebrity DJs open for her worldwide across her tour.

In fact, Avicii opened for her at Yankee Stadium back in September, which I had tickets to but had to sell - a trip to Vegas came up instead. When I put Madonna on one side of the scale and Vegas on the other, there was no contest lol It is ironic that I ended up hearing him ANYWAY from my Aria room because he was at Marquee before he headed East for New York!

7. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's another great event!

8. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we're going to see Avicii on May 11 at EBC (along with Zedd at Light that night).
    its $50 for EBC, not to keen on paying that, but I think it'll be worth it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.