1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting in late

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mcoakley, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcoakley

mcoakley Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So best price option would be to arrive at 11:30 pm so get to hotel after midnight and to leave back home at about same time. Looking to stay at Bally's. I guess question is how early on day of checkinn could you get an early check in? I would be ok with storing bags and going out to play to save a night on the hotel charge but I dont want to wait until late morn to check in. has anyone ever had this come up?

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many hotels will let you check in after midnight but you are paying for that night not the next calender day.
    Usually they will quote 3pm as the official check in time.
    You could be taking a chance and get stuck waiting for 12 or more hours in trying to save paying 1 night.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you can get a comp and get your room around mid night. There is alway a chance there will not be any rooms until late afternoon... at which point you will be this side of dead and the trip becomes a real drag.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea you really need to book a room for that night. You could maybe get in around noon for early check in.

5. mcoakley

mcoakley Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, that is what I was thinking. It is only $31 a night but what kills me is the resort fee for that half a day. I guess I will suck it up and book that night also.

6. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I've done on several occasions is to play the tables for a few hours and when I start getting pretty [STRIKE]tired[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]sleepy[/STRIKE] drunk, I'll ask the pit critter if they have any early check ins. They've always called the front desk for me and had it OKed complements of the pit.

7. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One other option would be to book at Ellis Island (Super 8) near Bally's that night and check in the next day. Hooters might be another option but does have a $12.50, I think, resort fee.

8. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd just pay the costs for the first night. If you get over tired/drunk you could waste many more dollars doing something stupid.

9. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:

Now, there is the best reason yet to pay for a room. It is way cheaper that the alternative.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eh $45? That's really nothing. You can lose more than that gambling in 5 minutes haha. You would regret not doing it. Unless you just want to go party all night or something. I wish hotel stays were really 24 hours not like 4pm to 11am!

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We done this once and will NEVER again.
    Quick story.
    Due to delays we arrived around the time you mentioned.
    Once we knew of the delay and even at our connecting flight my wife called 3-4 times to confirm our reservation and let them know we were going to be a bit late. No problem they stated.

We arrive and when checking in the rooms aren't ready.
    Not ready? We are 3-4 hours late and called a number of times and they are not ready?

A long of other BS is involved with this story, but long story short we were up 24+hours and it affected our entire trip. The hotel received a nasty letter when we got home.

Not sure if it was the exception or the norm for arriving that late but we will never risk it again.

12. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your story is different than the OP. You actually had a reservation, but apparently they were full, sold out, no rooms at the Inn. Whole different issue.

This does happen in the hotel business everywhere. Luckily not that often. I used to travel maybe 100 nights a year on business. Happened more than once showing up at 9-10-11 at night. Usually they just "walked" me to another hotel. Once it was the presidential suite. Once in a room that they did not want to give me cause of mechanical issues. I was tired. Big mistake.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.