1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris upgrade email

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by dgr1973, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got an email from Paris yesterday for our upcoming stay about upgrading to a strip view room for $40 per night. My question is this just a standard room or a red room? I have a standard room booked and while a strip view would be nice I dont know if its worth the extra money for the same room.

Also what are the chances the $20 at check in will get me an upgrade on a very busy weekend? Thanks!:thumbsup:

2. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a Sat-Tues trip several years back and booked standard with a king. Did the $20 trick and was offered strip view with 2 queens. We took it and had a great view. We used the other bed to keep our crap on and all was well.

3. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Paris last month. I booked a standard king room that was comped, Sun through Wed. I also recieved the $40 upgrade offer via email. Since I was fine with standard room, I figured not worth $40/night. When checking in, I kindly asked with visable $20 in hand about red room upgrades, and was told it would be $40 night to upgrade. I passed, but was quite happy with my standard free room. No view, but not an issue to me.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    standard for cet and most hotels now

5. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What? I don't understand this comment.

6. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol me either! Thanks everyone for the replies, Im just gonna wait till we get there and hope we can upgrade with the $20 if not no biggie we arent in the room much anyways.:drunk:

7. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the comment was in response to the person saying they were denied the $20 upgrade and quoted the $40 per night. I am guessing it meant that will be the way of CET, no cheap-o upgrades.

8. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that makes sense, thanks for the clarification!:thumbsup:

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Folks should refer to what they are responding to. It is way too easy to assume the post is in response to something totally different.

Thanks

10. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't see anyone answer the first question yet. I asked about this on a trip about a year ago and was told it is the same room I booked just with a strip view.

You are much better off waiting until checkin and seeing if they have upgrades available unless you absolutely need that view. Always possible they sell out.

$20 trick to a view is probably very possible. $20 trick to a red room is probably rare unless it is a dead weekend.

11. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for your reply it was very helpful! I think next Saturday will probably be very busy with the start of spring break and March Madness but I may try the $20 anyways and take my chances, it is Vegas afterall and that will be my first gamble:beer:

12. lvpeg

lvpeg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went back to see what Paris was offering for the $40/night upgrade.
    "You can easily upgrade to a guaranteed Eiffel Tower view for just $40 per night" Certainly not worth $40/night to me!

I would also take my chances on a $20 upgrade-but then to me, view is a non-issue.

13. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree the view is not a big deal if its just the same room I have booked, we'll see what if anything the $20 gets me!:wink

14. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe what this poster is saying is the email for a upgrade for extra money is now a standard procedure for CET properties and some other hotels as well....we got the same mailing last year for a April comped room at the IP...we had a LUV TUB room and was offered a upgrade to a suite...don't remember if it was a petite or executive suite....didn't take the offer and tried to get a free upgrade when we checked in....said it would cost us more money then the email offer...stayed in the LUV TUB room which was very nice for FREE (my favorite four letter word)

15. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea got a $35 upgrade per night for a strip view email for my comped stay next week at PH. 1. I don't care about a strip view and 2 PH's windows are so crappy you can see anything out of them anyways

16. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, there is no way I would pay 40 dollars per night to get upgraded for a strip view. If it was 4 dollars total for a 4 day stay I might do it, but its not important to me. As long as I can see some neon in the distance I'm happy.

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That could be the case at Paris, but not at Bally's. $20 will likely get you into the North Tower on weekdays. And the face value of this upgrade is usually $60-$100 for three nights. It's possible you can get this upgrade for less, but I have no personal experience over that. But I am 3 for 3 on the "$20 trick" at Bally's.

18. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $20 sandwich and a smile at check in usually works for me to upgrade from a basic luxury room to a red room as long as they are not in a sold out situation.

I would try it unless you must have the upgrade.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.