1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Could be the worst SWA attendant ever!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying back from Phoenix to Milwaukee, with a stop in Kansas City.

We got row 7 and once drink service started on this 2.5 hr flight, she started in row one as normal. But, she didn't have a pen & paper, no card reader and didn't use a tray to deliver the drinks. Instead, she took drink orders from 2 people at a time, went back to the galley, prepared them and came back out. Then she took care of the next two people, or, if someone ordered two things, she only had two hands and that was it. This process was excruciatingly slow as she worked her way up the row.

When she finally got to our row of 3 people, she took the aisle and center seat order, then went back to the galley to make them and returned. The person on the aisle has a charge card, so all the way back to the galley to ring it up. Then since I was window, she took my order and one person behind me. I ordered a beer. She immediately thrust out her hand and said $5, which really doesn't make any sense since they don't take cash. I did have a coupon which she snatched out of my hand.

I would like to tell you the name of this attendant but instead of a name tag, she was wearing a 4" button that read "Hi, I don't remember your name either".

Rather shocking and a departure from the normally friendly and efficient flight attendants on SWA.

Entire process took so long I only had time for one drink.:cry:

I still like SWA and I guess anyone can have a bad day, but...:grrr:

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On rare occasions (5-6) and usually when the plane is 2/3rd full or less, I've seen them do that "method" of service. I always sit in the front of the plane, so don't know if the middle and the back got the same "deal".

It doesn't seem to be efficient at all and of course, no excuse for not being friendly.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Full plane, sold out flight due to weather related issues.

Got home to a wonderful 10 inches of snow on the driveway.:cry:

It sucks and the airport was closed for a time in the morning, but by 5 PM when we landed, pretty much back to normal. The cities up here sure know how to handle snow removal. Hundreds of cars towed to the impound lot, but they got the streets cleaned.:thumbsup:

No sympathy for them. Snow emergencies signage is everywhere,

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  4. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bad experience with DELTA

I flew from Burbank Airport to Vegas. It is only a one hour flight so they don't give us any drinks. They only give the first class tiny bottles of water.

I asked for a small bottle of water since I was right behind first class. She said it was only for the first class people. I just said to her that I was a VIP on Delta and was going to report how I didn't get any water on the flight.
    It was about 15min. later that she brought me a tiny cup of water with no ice.

I still reported-it to Delta. No response from Delta. Cheap-skates.

I was the first one on the plane coming home from Vegas. As I walked through First Class I noticed the small bottles of water at each seat. I took my revenge
    and took one of the water bottles.lol.

After that bad experience I learned to ask on airplanes for water to take my meds. I do have to take my meds so now I carry a bottle of water and snacks on
    planes so I don't have to beg for water. Lucy

5. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Joe,
    That's a weird experience -
    just weird.

6. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be reporting that, even without her name. You have your flight number and date, so they know who was staffing that particular flight. SW is really good about responding.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wrote them yesterday and they say they will reply within 3 business days.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sam beat me to the punch. I was going to advise that you cut and paste your post and add the flight number and times since SWA certainly can easily check the roster for personnel. One of SWA's biggest advantages is great flight crews. It seems that they used to be funnier and more creative back 10 years ago. Maybe the talent is drying up or maybe the higher ups told them to tone it down. In any event as the business grows so does the ability to keep everyone on the same page. Like any business, they need feedback and if they don't get it.....good or bad, they assume everything is ok. It could have been a bad day for lots of reasons and we all know the level of service that SWA offers but a letter with the facts was in line and I'm sure they will appreciate it. You did the right thing.

Jimbo338

9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe the cart was somehow damaged and could potentially clog the aisle in an emergency. It doesnt sound to me like she was really enjoying the process so maybe she was just as frustrated as you but she didnt get to drink at all.

Just a thought.

I never really considered the drink service as something to look forward to in the first place. I always found it odd that they serve drinks to people in the first place.

10. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I disagree why get the girl in trouble over not getting your drink quick enough,,Their has to be more to it..Everyone is entitled to a bad day..Maybe someone called in sick and that was reason for name tag the way it was..Sorry I fly SWA solely as my neighbor is a Pilot but I just would take this as a bad on all parts as to me this is piddly...But this is my opinion which you prob could careless on so...:beer:

11. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest doesn't use a cart. They take a few rows of orders, go up to the galley, fill the orders and dispense them in the order they were taken. Keeps the aisles free of obstructions, for the most part.

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA doesn't use carts which I like because no one is bumping your elbows on the aisle. However I find this FA bizzare especially since on my last SWA flights, they used iPads to take orders and had trays big enough to service three or so aisles at a time. This makes no sense.

13. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not on any flight I have ever taken on SWA....but it's a 5+ hour flight for us so that may be the reason....:confused:

BTW I have seen the service continually get worse on SWA for the last 6-7 years now.....might be better or worse on other airlines but since we get most of our flight NON-STOP via SWA that is all we fly right now.

14. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok maybe so maybe there is something more to the situation with her being so slow with the drinks. But there is definitely no excuse for her adding that button to her uniform.

15. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that attitudes of some of the posters replying to this thread are terrible. This whole thing boils down to the fact that the OP was frustrated because they didn't get their drink as quickly as they wanted. Nice attitude sir, I wish we were friends.

As for the badge....seriously? You guys actually consider that rude? I'd love someone to explain that to me.

16. justvisiting

justvisiting Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't post much but have to chime in here. As back ground info, I am a Customer Service Manager for a large retail chain, generally the first to hear from those unhappy with their shopping experience.
    My reading of OP's post is "I was a customer of a business that I use frequently, one that prides itself on excellent service and friendly employees and found that not to be the case in this in this example. Because this was unusual and subtracted from my enjoyment I alerted the company to the circumstances."
    These are exactly the kinds of issues that businesses want and need to hear about. We can't fix what we don't know about, if you were unhappy pleaselet us know, allow us to fix it.
    Joe please forgive me if I have put words in your mouth or otherwise misinterpreted you. Cheryl

17. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Nope, that sums it up well.

And Wigwam the point wasn't me only be able to get one drink, it was the highly inefficient method this FA used and her attitude.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  18. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The badge needs to be explained to you.....really???

19. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew SWA for the first time last October on the way to Vegas. I'll be honest, I don't see what the big fuss is about with this airline. We had a horrible crew on the way there (crew on the way back was better) who basically treated us like we were kids. I honestly felt like we were on a school bus. No one was allowed out of their seat and it wasn't due to a rough flight. I understand they don't want a line up for the bathroom at the front of the plane but is it really necessary to repeatedly make announcements over the PA whenever someone stood up which is what these two at the front did the entire flight? In most cases the offending individual was only a few feet away and it seemed like they were doing it just to embarrass the person. One gentleman got into it with them about it and they just stood there smiling at him with shit eating grins. I've never seen anything like it and am glad I didn't pay a cent for the flight (this was the Total Rewards trip).

I know that there are a lot of SWA fans in here but I just don't get it, from there dumb way of boarding a plane to the inefficient drink service. The only positive I can point out of the airline is that fact that they allow two free checked bags.

20. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the type of attitude that makes it easy for businesses to get away with bad service. Too many people have no standards and don't care about how they're treated.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.