1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rockhouse to reopen at... Venetian

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by SH0CK, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting being that the Rockhouse was kind of a dive and not in the same class as the Venetian. :rolleyes2:

3. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been to or heard about the new Rockhouse at the Venetian? Being at the Venetian, it is probably more upscale but does it have any of the old hole in the wall dump status? If anyone knows, where is it located in the Venetian complex? Thanks

4. ChecknPlay

ChecknPlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't imagine V/P sinking to this level. Sure hope this doesn't happen.

5. TLK

TLK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's already open.

6. ChecknPlay

ChecknPlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The decline of western civilization as we know it......... Why would they want that element in there is beyond me.

7. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey checknplay, some of that element is better than you may think. You are generalizing a place you probably never set foot in. Depending on the demographic you are in, they may not want you there. By the way, some of the elements you mentioned may be able to buy and sell you. I have been been to the Rockhouse, Stagedoor and Ellis Island with people that have fun there because they don't have to put on the fake I'm super rich and have to pretend to be special. They remember where they came from. They just want the old neighborhood type bar to have a little fun. They were not always rich and too uppity for certain places. It's also beyond me why someone would pay $10 to $15 for a drink at Venetians sports book. Well checknplay, I guess I won't be seeing you there on my next trip. Hope your next trip is great.

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking the same thing. I went to the old one a couple of times and doesn't seem like it would fit in the Venetian at all.

9. BrendanMc

BrendanMc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bump.

Has anyone been there that could share how it is? I'm thinking of stopping in there as I loved Rockhouse when it was at IP. The pictures of the new place look awesome.

10. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You probably think this because it was located at the IP. (Quad).. By being there it got an image of being a dive (it was).. Guess what, they still uphold that image.. and actually use that in their name. "The Las Vegas Ultra-Dive Bar"

http://www.therockhousebar.com/

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its been open for a while.looks like there doing alot of all you can drink days and nites .

rates seen to be 40 to 50$ per person so that might be a good alternative to the high priced nite club bottle service

12. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Venetian's "class" has always been grossly overrated, IMO. They have massive rooms but the property has always lacked refinement. Rockhouse seems like a decent fit to me.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.