1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fancy Food - no fancy attire

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Wanger1969, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big foodie at heart and love a really quality meal.

However, my Vegas partner this coming trip put the kaibosh on any meal that forces us to dress up or wear our Sunday best. Jeans and a t-shirt are all he's packing. :cry:

Obviously we could try out a higher end buffet to get my fill, and may very well do that. However, are there any sit down menu places that we would feel comfortable wearing very casual attire?

We are staying at The Quad (cause I burn my money on food and gambling) and are open to any budget.

Thank you in advance for your guidance!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are going to be good for almost everywhere in Las Vegas. You can go to a nice restaurant and you will see people in suits and high end clothes at one table and people in shorts and a shirt at the next.

At its 'worst' some places will say business casual, but those are pretty few and far between in Las Vegas.

3. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto! I never "dress" for dinner but for what's it's worth, we always go to The Steakhouse in CC. I've never felt out of place with what I'm wearing to dinner there even with some folks "dressed". If it's cold enough I'll wear jeans, if it's warm enough I'll wear my "nice" shorts. :D

4. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First trip to Vegas with my friend K and she had brought many nice outfits, none of which she ended up wearing. We just stayed in black pants, nice-for-work tops the whole time and left the dresses/fancy stuff in the suitcase. One of the phrases we came up with, everytime we'd feel kinda guilty about not dressing up, was "They've seen worse in Vegas." So whatever you end up wearing to the restaurant, trust me, "They've seen WORSE!" ;)

5. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, jeans and a t-shirt is perfectly acceptable at most Vegas restaurants, particularly the ones that do a fair amount of business at their bar in addition to the regular seating areas. I'd only worry about proper attire at one of the places with Michelin stars, such as Guy Savoy or Joel Robuchon, but there are plenty of other great restaurants where casual attire is commonplace. If you're still nervous about it, then I'd suggest one of the locations that emphasizes small plates, such as Julian Serrano at Aria, Jaleo at Cosmopolitan, Fleur at Mandalay Bay or even Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill at Caesars. At any of those places, you'll get a memorable dining experience and won't feel out of place at all.

The only issue I have ever run into regarding attire at a Vegas restaurant happened a few years ago when we decided to grab an early dinner at the Eiffel Tower restaurant at Paris on a hot summer day when I was wearing sandals. They politely handed me a pair of socks to put on before we got in the elevator. But we've stopped taking dressy clothes to Vegas because we never ended up wearing them ...

6. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never worn anything nicer than jeans and a button up shirt (NOT tucked in) to any restaurant in Vegas.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I wear 90% of the time, although with the addition of a blazer. That being said, I always make it a point to wear a suit to Picasso; something about that place makes me feel the need to get more dressed up than usual.

9. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh....Prime says business casual, I've never even had anyone give me a second look or a glance longer than 5 seconds.....only impeccable service and very very friendly staff.

10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wouldnt go to ANY place in a vacation resort where i have to dress formally esp in the summer ( and i havent been outthere in summer). Too many options out there to wase time with that.

11. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you give us examples of fancy food you enjoy? If you're interested in a restaurant like Picasso jeans and a tee-shirt won't do.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  12. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's also a question of what's meant by "non-fancy attire". I absolutely agree that you could go to a place like Prime in a dress shirt and jeans, and not get a second glance. However, if you showed up in a tank top, cut-off jean shorts, and flip-flops, the result might be different.

13. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The steak house at quad isn't bad at all and u could prolly get away with flip flops and a speedo

14. socalvegasfan

socalvegasfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with what everyone has posted. I usually wear jeans, T-shirt, and tennis shoes in Vegas, and I have not been refused by any restaurant yet.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.