1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any recent paid upgrades during check in at Mirage?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by nubia11, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked Mirage on an offer and was unable to upgrade my room at time of booking so I'm planning to try to upgrade on arrival (Sunday afternoon). I'll probably request the Suite (studio) or the Tower Suite.

Anyone have a recent experience paying for a suite upgrade at Mirage?

This will be my first stay at Mirage in several years. My last experience wasn't so hot but I'm ready to give her another go and the suite renovations look pretty well done.

2. hawaiikris

hawaiikris Tourist

We recently upgraded to a "Mirage Suite" for $30 a night. I almost like it better than the tower suite because it has two bathrooms.

3. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last October I was able to upgrade from a comp standard room to a penthouse for $80/night. I thought it was a bargain and thoroughly enjoyed it. FYI, I had 3 nights comp and 1 I was to pay. They only charged me the 80 each night and only resort fee for one night. To me the best parts were the floor to ceiling windows and the private elevators.

My trip in April is booked for a comp Mirage Suite. I hear they are on the regular floors so I am hoping to get into a tower or penthouse to get the better elevators. Fingers crossed - it's really a crap shoot as to how busy they are.

4. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are Mirage Suites on the floors with the private elevators as well, and those are the only ones that I've personally been in. Though we like the layout of those rooms, we are light sleepers and the "whir" of the elevators keeps us up. So we opt for the Tower Suites instead.

5. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't tried to upgrade on arrival, but in December my girlfriend had a room booked under an offer (she's at the Gold tier level) and our host upgraded it in advance to a Tower Suite. My memory of it was that the rate was higher for Friday and Saturday nights, but it worked out to about $80 per night for the Thu-Sun reservation.

6. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We may be going to Mirage early summer. Reserved probably a basic room and I'm interested in upgrades at registration. We'll see how it goes.

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother has a basic room booked for the same time as my trip...he's going to try for an upgrade. I'll let you know how it goes.

8. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input. My stay is in early March. I'll post an update on my upgrade experience once I've checked into the hotel.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.