1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR comped room

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JerryD, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all, we are headed to Vegas in March and my wife called Flamingo to check special rates and was surprised that 4 of our 5 nights will be comped. We were there last March but stayed at a friends house in North Vegas. We are far from high rollers, and am just curious if this is common or has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for any replies.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET is known for their generous room COMPS at lower tier properties, especially if you are a slot player. I give them a little bit of slot play each day and havent paid for a room since 2010.

3. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks captainron, good to know! Any luck with complimentary upgrades? I have read that the $20 trick doesn't really work at the Flamingo, but I have also read that you can usually upgrade for $20-$30 per night.

4. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been upgraded to the junior suite from a GO room, just based on availability, and for no additional cost, though perhaps from a higher ADT than you may have.

If you just look at the rack rates, the price difference between the deluxe rooms and the mini suites is only $90 or so per night on the last Monday of the month, so I would think that the days you are comped for that the place is likely not busy, and an upgrade would be easily available, and maybe even offered by e-mail before your arrival.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not tried it at Flamingo. When I stay at Flamingo I like a basic room overlooking the habitat area, so that is easy to get, no tip necessary.

I have used the $20 dolla holla at Bally's. It scored us a deluxe jr. suite adjoining the same room of our friends and overlooking Flamingo Rd.

6. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could be also that we are staying Sun-Thu... Thanks for the info again.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, this is common. Since you are new here - a suggestion for you.

If you log into the TR website and enter dates for your trip, you may find lots of room options. Look at the CALENDAR and not just the offers they show. I will repeat that as people often only look at offers. Look at the rate calendar while logged in. Also try with and without your spouses TR number.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! good advice. For example, if you are getting Flamingo COMP, you are prob also getting Harrah's, Ballys, and Quad as well. You can tailor you property to your needs, ie; I stay at Ballys during the Winter and Flamingo during the Summer.

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, I'll second what others have said, use the calendar.

I would say that there are 3 main things that catch people off guard about Total Rewards and COMPS.

1) Getting free rooms through reservations/calendar even though they get no offers sent, or the offers are worse: As near as I can tell, this is unique to CET. I think a lot of people get far less than they could because they don't know it. They are used to seasonal offers from other rewards programs, so they think not getting offers from CET means they can't get free rooms.

2) Getting rooms even though they didn't play much: I don't know how the CET calculation works, but its pretty clear the bar is pretty low.

3) The number of nights they can get comped: I know this one used to blow me away, but its basically a byproduct of the first thing. Because you are booking through the calendar, it figures the rate to offer for each individual night, and doesn't have a restriction on how many you can book.

For many, that doesn't matter to CET much as the person might get a free Thursday and Sunday, but pay the pricier friday and saturday. But the upshot of it is as soon as you are high enough rated (and/or certain rooms are undersold), its not that hard to book all five nights Sun-Thurs for free.

10. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice y'all! I'll definitely check into all this info this evening. It was weird because I didn't get any great offers online so my wife called to talk to a host and the desk (or whoever answered the line) put her on hold and when he came back on he said the 4 nights were comped... I called back to verify and asked if we could upgrade and was told that that could be done at checking... I will for sure check more into all this, thanks for all the tip. So glad I found this site!!

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    calling in is a crap shoot at best. I have had luck doing that only once. The rest of the times they pretty much gave me the "It is what it is. " speech.

I am pretty satisfied, as I am not much of a gambler at all.

12. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent suggestion! I went on and did this and it brought up all the rooms that I could get comped, except the nights we are comped for already.... Weird. But now I know to check the site before calling. Thanks nostress and all the other input I received on this matter.:thumbsup::beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.