1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Having a party - Where?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Sonya, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to several parties in hotel rooms in Vegas. I think my favorite have been at the Cosmopolitan in the wrap-around suites. I love hanging out with friends with that fountain view.

But the last couple of parties have felt too big for the room. I like that we bring our own booze and have some snack trays, etc. but mostly we just hang out and come and go. It's relaxed and informal and I like that, but we needed more room.

If you were going to have a party for say 30-50 people, where would you have it? What if it were closer to 75+ people?

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo has a couple of larger suites... Maybe that would do the trick?

3. cxi

cxi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most places will crack down on larger when it comes to fire code. Honestly the technical max capacity with the wraparound is 40 (I've got far more in there...;))

When it comes to throwing a party and having separate places away from the noise and to enjoy the view, the Cosmo can't be beat.

You could try those super suites at Paris or try something at Caesars but you lose the isolated and dedicated balcony which frankly is worth it.

(I'm obviously pro parties at the Cosmo from successful ones in the past :))

4. cxi

cxi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One extra point... I've "heard" of a party which went on at the Cosmo with over 100 people on the balcony alone with 200+ people in the suite.

I personally have had very comfortably had 87 people in the suite at once.

Be sure you open the bedroom though to allow both bathrooms else it'll be quite a line for the one hall bathroom in excess of 50 people ...

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am definitely getting old. I can't even imagine 300 people in there. :)

Let's say that you can't have it in a suite. Where else?

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's easy - I'd book the Foundation Room. There are seven rooms with plenty of space to mingle, a large dining room, a lounge with a large bar, three large balconies, and a dedicated elevator.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would it be possible to book a pool? They all close early in Vegas anyway - seems that would be available space - a few cabanas? Probably not (at least without paying for a lifeguard) because of liability.....

Isn't there a lounge at the top of Polo Towers? Or has that been taken down by now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.