1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is the Cosmo Wrap Around really worth $3K ??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by fastfreddy, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastfreddy

fastfreddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    booked 5 nights Jan 28-Feb2 here with the Sat nite being $1100 ! Is this really worth it>>?

2. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some people will say no others will say yes. I'd say it depends on several things. One for instance can you afford it? I wouldn't save for years to spend on a hotel room, or have it charged to your cc and have to pay it off for a long time. Second will you be spending enough time in the room to enjoy it? If your only in and out to shower and change clothes I'd say no, but I know now that we'll be hanging around our room quite some time...

I also had some second thoughts about our 5 nights for 2k terrace with view but then again I thought fuck it, it's only once we're getting married in Vegas, better do it in style!

3. boo

boo Guest

One of my favorite rooms in Vegas but not worth that much. It's only special to me because I really like the terrace since we're smokers but don't like smoking rooms.

4. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NOPE! $3,000 can give you much better suite or villa at Aria, Bellagio, Mandarin Oriental, Wynn, Encore, etc.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  5. lpearl

lpearl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not for me, but I lucked out with the Cybermonday sale.

6. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't think you'll be getting a villa for 3k.

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that $3k for all 5 nights? I don't think that seems too out of the realm, especially if Saturday is $1100 of that.

Is it worth it is a much more difficult question. I think that is one of my favorite rooms in Vegas and I have been to quite a few gatherings there and loved sitting out on the patio in that comfy chair, watching the fountains and catching up with friends. I don't think I'd pay that price, but that's more than my entire gambling budget. :wink2:

8. petp13

petp13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the saturday is $920 on the cosmo website. is $1100 for the 78 series wraparounds (the ones on the northeast corner of the east tower - one side is on LV blvd, other side is facing the bellagio fountains)? is that total price with taxes?

is it worth it? thats up to you to decide. i stayed on the 62nd floor in the east tower w/ fountain view in a regular room 2 weeks ago and i can tell you the view is ridiculous (room was pretty great too).

theyre great rooms but personally id rather spend 1/3 of that and get the room i had and gamble the rest.

9. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your dates were Dec 28 - Jan 2, then yes, I'd pay that much, even if it took forever to save. But any other time of year, 3k for 5 nights seems a little steep. I'd pick one or two of the cheaper nights and really enjoy the room/terrace and spend the rest of my trip someplace more economical.

10. cxi

cxi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in the wraparounds in the middle of winter, a somewhat chilled spring and the dead heat of August when it would get to as low as 102 at midnights some nights, and let me tell you.

The experience of staying at the Cosmo wraparounds with a view of bellagio fountain are unparalleled. You may not spend a whole lot of time IN the suite, you may spend most of that time, out on the balcony, when not off being at shows, dining or on the floors gambling.

But the return to the room, waking up in the morning and taking in the views with the excellent luxury. Even having the non-premium room which doesn't directly face the bellagio is still well worth it.

I've hosted parties for hundreds to thousands of people within those suites since the hotel has opened and the experience for them to share is something that they remember (and still bring it up to me) even years later.

If it's just going to be a few of you and you don't plan to do any entertaining, you may not get the most out of that particular experience. And I've never paid *that* much for the suites/rooms either so it really would be difficult to justify that particular cost of around 3k personally; but it really is something to behold.

11. cxi

cxi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So maybe you can help me figure this out a bit;
    You state Jan 28 - Feb 2, which reads as Monday Night - Friday night with a saturday departure (Please correct me if I am mistaken?)

That said. I was running the figures on the cost of that room, and with it being Monday-Friday, you're paying $330 a night with $840 for that Friday night (peak time)

Now... if you go to Marriott.com to book this, and you have an AAA card (or... it may be worth it to pick one up JUST for this trip) it drops the nightly from $330 to $297 and that $840 Friday night down to $756.

That right there will save you a little over $200 which is well worth it for going on the trip you were planning to anyway!

One additional thing to consider is starting in January, they are now charging a $25 resort fee, so that'll add to the tax of this a bit but if you can drive the price down one way or another, you're set.

One last bit, respectively... if you wanted to make your trip Sun 27 - Feb 2, where you stay at the Cosmo during those 5 days and switch to another hotel on the last day... you can save yourself a pretty sizeable $500.

12. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $600/night for that room is not out of line when compared to other similar properties. For a comparable price you could get an Aria Corner Panoramic View suite, which I don't think is as nice as the Cosmo Wraparound.

It's by no means a great deal, and the fact great deals do occasionally exist for this exact room would make it tough for my to pay that price. Especially given the fact you could have just done the cyber-Monday deal for those 2 most expensive nights and gotten them both for a total of $500, with $500 resort credit, or in other words for a net of basically the $60 room tax.

To me it would depend on the overall trip budget. If you are going in with a $10,000 budget, spending the $3,000 on this room rather than gambling the money would be no big deal. On a $5,000 budget, I think its allocating too much to the room.

Another thing to consider is the occasional service gaffes at Cosmo. When paying $350 for this great room, one can accept those, when paying $1,100 for a night, I think I'd be hard pressed to not get pretty upset.

Also ran your dates on Cosmo website: $2,419.20 and then on Marriott website with AAA: $2,177.28.

I could definitely see doing it for just over $2K for 5 nights.

13. fastfreddy

fastfreddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for the advice!

Its actually a little over 3 grand for the Mon Jan 28 thru Sat Feb 2 - depart Sat afternoon flight

Good idea about perhaps 2-3 nights here, and 2 at Mirage.

Weird, just went to marriott.com as recommended here and its $600 cheaper however I did call Cosmo to book guaranteed fountain view so thats the price difference perhaps??

Would I have to call marriott to get that view as well and if so would it cost the same as cosmo direct?

Thanks again guys

14. fastfreddy

fastfreddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys - its actually a little over 3 grand arriving Jan 28 and leaving Sat Feb 2 (afternoon flight)

I called to request a FOUNTAIN wrap so perhaps thats why the price difference increase over web?

If I book on Marriott.com as advised here, will I need to call to get Fountain High floor? If so wouldn't it just price out the same as Cosmo when I called them directly?

Thanks again guys.

15. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just out of curiosity how big of a gambler are you? Are you planning to do a lot of gaming while your there?

16. fastfreddy

fastfreddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play a fair amount of Blackjack, not heavy but average I guess - I am not going to gamble the whole stay, I do enjoy rooms, restaurants, mingle, etc probably more than constant gambling.

Why?

17. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because of the whole comp thing. I thought if you're a big player and planning to do some major table/slot time you'll probably get your kick ass suite comped anyway so you don't have to bother yourself if it's too expensive...

Maybe focussing your play only at Cosmo will help.

18. fastfreddy

fastfreddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you know I never play enough to get comped.....:(

19. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ohwell just go and enjoy your stay. Or you could always get a "cheaper" (read: less expensive) room with fountain view and save a couple of bucks but still enjoy the view and room eventhough it isn't the wrap around.

Don't think the $20 trick will work if you do the above but would be awesome if you got the wrap around anyway :)

20. fastfreddy

fastfreddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

I am trying to figure out if I am better off canceling my res with Cosmo (phoned in for Fountain View) and reserving with Marriott.com to get better rate - just not sure if I need to call Marriott directly to guarantee view...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.